Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Uninstalling Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0

Small Business Server

Old 07-07-2010

Uninstalling Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0

I set up a SBS 2008 Premium server about 6 months ago and getting several errors since day one of the installation. Two errors which I usually see daily are error 2424 and error 18056. When I tried searching google for the same I found there are various people experiencing this errors with their SBS few of them managed to fix it but many are still facing it like me. I tried several fix provided on web regarding this but none of them worked for me.

There are 10 users connected with this server and they use Exchange plus Docs sharing. What I need to know is can I uninstall Sharepoint without losing other functionality? Also can I simply uninstall it from Control Panel?

Old 07-07-2010

Re: Uninstalling Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0

SBS is a very tightly integrated solution and typically does not react well to simply uninstalling. Why not just disable it? It would be the better option.

Don't uninstall it. Do install sbsbpa as that would have also let you know what to do.
Old 12-07-2010

Re: Uninstalling Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0

Thanks for your reply friend. Alrite, as you said i'm not going to uninstall it now because i dont want any more problems. But by saying "disable it" do you mean turning off the SP services and setting them to not start up automatically?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Tags: , , , , , ,