Thread: SBS 2008 removing self Signed SSL Certificate

We were trying to migrate SBS 2003 to SBS 2008. While doing the same mistakenly I added auto-generated self-signed certificate. Later I bought one from Godaddy and installed but still in the wizard the only certificate that shows up is the first one which installed accidentally even though I imported the one from Godaddy is the self signed one. Can anyone please tell me here how can I remove the first one and get show up the one I bought from Godaddy? Thanks in advance.

Re: SBS 2008 removing self Signed SSL Certificate

Well the best I can suggest you is run the wizard again and create a new certificate request. Now you can go to GoDaddy and select "rekey" the certificate option. This will not cost you anything because the subject name is not changing. Once done, complete the wizard as normal and everything will be restored to former working condition.Let me know if you need more help.

That sounds helpful. Are you sure Mike that rerunning the wizard will delete the one that was self signed? Let me tell you that this self signed certificate was created at remote.domain.com, and the one I purchased from Godaddy is also with the same name. I guess it will not create any problem right?

Thanks again.

The cert is likely still there, you'd just have to re assign it to each IIS site. I'd suggest just have a new cert re issued from Godaddy and install it again. Don’t worry, it will be free of cost.

RE: SBS 2008 removing self Signed SSL Certificate

Thanks for all your helps friends. Finally everything got sorted out. I ran the wizard again, regenerated the CSR, went to Godaddy and did rekey. Imported the same successfully and now everything working fine. Thanks for your time.