Thread: How to sync sharepoint calender with public folder

How to sync sharepoint calender with public folder

I have a very small query. As my title suggest, I want to setup automatic sync between a sharepoint calendar and public folder. Can anybody please tell me how to do the same?

Thank you.

Re: How to sync sharepoint calender with public folder

I don’t understand why don you simply link it to Outlook? I mean, if you do so there wont be Sync requirement at all. Anyways, if you want to add Windows SharePoint Services calendars to Outlook 2003 / Outlook 2007, follow these steps:

In the Calendar area of the navigation pane in Outlook 2003 / Outlook 2007, click to select the check box of the calendar name for the Windows SharePointServices calendar that you shared in step 1 under Other Calendars.

Thanks for the help buddy but we have already gone through this solution. But as we use WSS and it doesn’t have the public folder plugin and the calendar of WSS does not do invites.

So almost 3 years later it looks like it's still not possible.

I need to sync 2 calendars, the first one is an outlook local calendar, from SharePoint. This first one is sync with WSS(Windows SharePoint Services) 3.0 Calendar.
    The second calendar is a public calendar on the exchange server.

To sync those two I have no Idea how. Someone has an answer?

Maybe interesting for know. If you want to sync a WSS Calendar and a existing outlook calendar you need to do this from WSS(Link too outlook). After that you can copy all events from the existing outlook calendar to the new created outlook calendar from WSS(This new calendar created by WSS is in sync with the WSS Calendar.

Hope this helps some people.

We are just thinking about something similar - Sync between a Microsoft Live (OWA) and Sharepoint calendar. Only thought we have is to use something like Outlook 2007/2010 as an intermediary. It can access both calendars. Then use a 3rd party sync app to sync from one to the other. Mailtraq has a good sync client (MOS). There are others.

The biggest problem we have found when syncing calendars between different systems is how they handle exceptions to recurring appointments.

I guess to only way is to suck it and see!

Quest Public Folder Migrator intended for SharePoint make possible the mass migration of data stored within Exchange public folders on the way to SharePoint 2003, 2007 or 2010 surroundings. It helps you keep your current hierarchy and public folder data, or change the structure to adapt to changing organizational needs. Public Folder Migrator meant for SharePoint be capable of also help you gain visibility within your migration project all the way through an interface simple to use management of the project.