Thread: Outlook error message: MS Exchange is unavailable

Outlook error message: MS Exchange is unavailable

I am getting a error message when I am trying to open outlook on my system. I am using Outlook 2007. There was some issue with MS Exchange. It is not working. The connection between outlook and exchange is somehow lost due to which I am getting the error. First when I launch Outlook I am getting a message that outlook must be online. When I click on OK I got the error message that exchange is not available. I had added the exchange server address and other login details. But still the same error. It was working well last night.

When you start outlook at the bottom side in the corner can you see whether it is offline or onilne. The second thing you can do is try to ping the server and then check again. If it responds then it would be working well. I had seen due to some updates or changes in the system can cause the problem. You can try to work with a separate user account and then try to login again. Just get rid of existing profiles and check back again. The reason can be some set of accounts which are not at all active.

Try to ping the server and see. You are getting response or not. If not then the server is offline and that is why you are not able to establish a connection. You can have to check properly that the exchange is working or not. Try to use some other user account that has full access to the server or not. Creating a new account will give you more support. Just remove the old profile and create a new one.

I had also faced the same kind of issue with my system also. This is a common problem of Outlook profile. It is corrupt and due to which you are getting the error. The best thing you can do is by creating a new outlook profile. It will start working properly. But do not forget to get rid of old profile. Just wipe it out. Later on you will have to find the ost file in the outlook folder and get rid of the same.

Try this out. You will need to provide some information on your pc configuration here and then only I can help you out. First type ipconfig/all and hit enter. There will be some IP info that you will need to paste here. If the system is not having a valid ip address or other information then your network is not working properly. You will have to reconfigure the setting back again and then check back whether it is working fine or not. A number of time outlook profile fails to work where you get this kind of problem. You can start working from scratch by adding all the information one by one manually and then check back.

The problem if does not lies with the outlook, then it must be with the lan adapter. You will have to update the drivers. A number of time due to IPv6 conflict or outdated drivers this kind of issue appear. Also some recent changes on the exchange server can cause the failure. You can test out by turning off IPv6 settings and then checking out other components. I am sure it will work properly.

Enable NetBIOS service and then check the network adapter. There are some registry settings that allow you to permanently disable IPv6 settings. That is one of the most common cause of failure. You can also verify that proxy is not turned on in your system. Just turned it off. You had not yet posted the response you got by server ping. Is it working or not. If not then the server is offline or your system is unable to connect with the same. Ask your network admin to sort out the issue.

Re: Outlook error message: MS Exchange is unavailable

I am also searching for a more working solution for the system. Many said that the antivirus is cause of failure. I am using Trend Micro but yet not able to understand how it is blocking the Outlook connection. The same was really working well before. I had tried to disable the settings but nothing worked out. Outlook suddenly stopped working. It is not giving out any output on my screen. I am really annoyed with the problem.

Re: Outlook error message: MS Exchange is unavailable

I had tried various stuff. I had disabled the antivirus, removed it completely and then verified. But still the problem as was same. It was not working at all. Later on I formatted my system and installed all from scratch. Outlook was able to connect to the system and it was working quiet well. There was no trouble with the same. It is being a bit complicated to find out the actual reason, but as already my system was working slow. I formatted it and things are now fine.

Formatting is the extreme solution. It must be kept as the last and only option left. Before that you can find out what is the issue with outlook. First if you ping the server you will be able to know where the problem is. It may or many not be responding. If it does not respond then you will have to ensure that your system is connected on the network. There can be issue with the lan adapter as mentioned above. Just configure the drivers once again and check it.