Thread: Reports not generating in sbs 2008

Reports not generating in sbs 2008

Windows SBS 2008 is not at all generating any report. I went in the event log and found it empty. It is a bit annoying that there is nothing mentioned. There were some problem with updates recently. A error was on the screen and when I went inside the event log there was nothing mentioned. I am simply annoyed with the same. Can anyone provide me solution for the same.

You can get a fix for that by updating the system. Just run windows update and then check back. The issue will be resolved. There are chances that you would face more problem if updates are not properly installed. It happens some internal service fails to work due to which you are getting problem. Sometime the problem also appear due to security applications. You can also try to use third party software which are capable of giving you log reports.

Re: Reports not generating in sbs 2008

am having the exact same problem as pecoswild with SBS 2008 reports stopped generating that you were having with the same messages - about the firewall information. (but he no longer appears to be a member) . Did you ever come to a resolution. I know it was a long time ago, but if you actually found the solutioon I would love to have it.
    Last edited by hubster3; 13-09-2010 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Found new information

I know this is an old post but I am having the same problem. No reports emailed when I try to create a report in the report generator SBS console crashes. Any help would be appreciated.

I looked back through my notes and found nothing specific. we were having several problems with SBS, and by the next day things were fine but we never figured out why. Sorry.

Hello this is very old issue but still there are many users are present who don’t find any answer about it. Are you applying some patches to this server? If you are applying then please list all of them. And if you are running any antivirus program then you have to temporarily disable it. And after that see if it’s possible you to generate a report. And as per my information two server restarts can fix this issue. However I am not confident what exactly its fixing.