Thread: Adding CALS to SBS 2008

Adding CALS to SBS 2008

We have a SBS 2008 running at office. We have purchased few more CALS (Product Keys) and wanted to add to this SBS08. So can anyone here please tell me where and how can I add the CALs in my SBS 2008? Please provide some simple steps.

Thank you.

Hello ridergroov, I think you need to check this article (Licensing FAQ) providing solution for all your questions related to CALs and SBS. Just click here http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archi...2008-cals.aspx

Re: Adding CALS to SBS 2008

I've been building stuff for 27 years. In my experience, there is quite a difference between saying... "may I suggest you go 'here' and "may I suggest you better get used to going 'here'" or suggest "owning a good book"

One is polite. The other carries an undertone that is not respectful, unless it is between friends or colleagues, where each party knows each other well.

I suspect the younger than 30 age group are not as used to formal exchanges of information without undertones due to the prevalence of chat rooms, IM and other less formal arenas where common courtesy is left at the door. In this professional arena, it is like meeting someone in person and first utterance is "Good grief...Who cuts your hair?". It doesn't usually get the sale or a friendly response. Treat a stranger with respect and save the sarcasm for later.

As it is, the better answer was....
    You are correct. It is an honour system and you can find more detail....here.

As it was, I googled "add user cals to sbs 2008" which I thought was a reasonable query.... which is why I ended up here, and interestingly, "the official SBS blog" doesn't show up for many pages and not before appearing amongst a myriad of non-english pages. So to present such a query here is quite reasonable given the arena and its relevance to the query and it doesn't warrant a belittling reply.

I did enjoy your link... here's mine