Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

SBS 2008 & Backup Exec Notifications

Small Business Server

Old 16-06-2009

SBS 2008 & Backup Exec Notifications

I have SBS 2008 box with Backup Exec 12.5 installed and i have configured the backup successfully but i am not able to setup the notifications. Is there anyone who can help me out with the same, i am not sure but it seems as if something is in Exchange 2007 is blocking the notifications. Any help regrading this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Old 17-06-2009

Re: SBS 2008 & Backup Exec Notifications

Since you are using Exchange 2007, you will have to set up a receive connector and after that you will have to give it the address of the SBS box or the IP range for the LAN. I was running in to same trouble with Trend Micro and the notifications but i figured it out later after doing little bit of research.
Old 17-06-2009

Yes you should first first check the Receive Connectors on the SBS server. As far as i am aware there are 3 Receive Connectors on the Exchange server by default just after you run "Introducing the Internet Address Management Wizard(IAMW)" successfully. Those 3 Receive Connectors will help you to allow your application servers to relay off Exchange Server 2007. In order to get an idea about the configurations , you can refer to the below article.

Managing Your Windows Small Business Server 2008 Network

If you have any doubt further then you can feel free to ask.
Old 05-03-2010

Re: SBS 2008 & Backup Exec Notifications

Guys i am going through similar issue, is there anyone who can help me out as well?? I don't know how to configure receive connector? I have gone though some articles and have tried creating receive connector for the printer and have tried adding IP address for the SBS server as well but that doesn't seem to be the right way. I mean its an exchange server. I ma not able to make out why receive connector is actually needed while BackupExec is on the SBS. Can anyone explain me in a bit depth???

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Tags: , , , , , ,