Thread: How to reduce Exchange Store size

How to reduce Exchange Store size

There are 5 users with 15 GB mail box size in our server environment and i am willing to change the registry for increasing the quota to 40 GB. However, i am allowed to change the registry to allocate 25GB because of the disk space limitation. I want to know i there is anything that i can try out form my end to get more disk space ?? Is there a possible solution for the same???

Re: How to reduce Exchange Store size

See as far as my knowledge changing the registry to a lower number will not increase your free space. Also can you give us some more information regrading the space limitations? so that we can have better idea of your case. Rather than changing the registry for increasing the quota to 40 GB, i will suggest you to move some stuffs, i mean the stuffs which can be probably moved. Or else you can ask those people to delete or archive old emails. 3gb for a user on average is really not reasonable. In case you have disk problem then you will have to add one, a better idea will be adding RAID1 pair of SATA drives to the SBS and move some stuffs in it.

I agree, moving up some some stuffs will be really a better idea then increasing the quota. Moving the exchange database (priv1.edb) and WSUS folder to other disk will free up some space. You can also move all $NtUninstallKBXXXXXX$ folders to external storage but make sure that you are not deleting them. On the other hand encouraging your users to delete or archive old emails will be better idea too.