Thread: Trying to connect an iPhone to Exchange

Trying to connect an iPhone to Exchange

I have a small setup of SBS at home configured with MS Exchange. Today I was trying to connect my iPod to Exchange so that I can receive and send mails from iPod directly. I started checking the configuration which seems to be correct. Even WebMail works fine. Later when I tried connecting iPod I got prompted to accept the security certificate which I did.

Now from here the problem starts. It is just stuck asking me for the password. Though I entered the correct password more than 50 times, it just keeps saying password is incorrect. The webmail works fine with the same password.

Somebody please let me know what should I do to get rid of this annoying issue? Thank you in advance.

Re: Trying to connect an iPhone to Exchange

Hello ronan, can you tell me your SBS version? I mean is it SBS 2003 or 2008? If it is SBS 2003 you should know that SBS and Exchange 2007 are different enabling ActiveSync. I don’t know how did you enable it? Did you enter the user account as domain\user?

Anyways, until you reply back, just checkout this Apple Knowledge base and see if it helps. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1868. the article describes Troubleshooting iPhone or iPod touch with MS Exchange.

Thanks for the help Fawiza but I have already tried those steps and many other troubleshooting from web, still getting the same problem. Still when I try synchronization, device keeps telling "cannot connect to server." Let me tell you that ports required for IMAP is opened though I don’t use IMAP, and is being forwarded to the SBS server and the Windows firewall on the server. What now?

As the ExRCA tool test passed successfully, it indicates the server is configured normally, i.e. if you use another mobile device it may works now. So I would like suggest you double check the settings on your iPhone. Regarding how to set Active sync settings in iPhone, you can refer to the following articles from Apple:

iPhone and Microsoft Exchange Server
    http://images.apple.com/iphone/enter...S_Exchange.pdf

iPhone Enterprise_Deployment_Guide
    http://support.apple.com/manuals/en_...ment_Guide.pdf

Re: Trying to connect an iPhone to Exchange

Alrite. I got the problem. Actually MS Exchange needed the latest service pack. I just installed the same and everything started working fine. What's weird is that Windows update never listed the service pack. Anyways, i can now sync my mails on iphone. Thanks everyone.