Thread: SBS 2008 Exchange SMTP Connectors are invalid

SBS 2008 Exchange SMTP Connectors are invalid

I want to get rid of the "Exchange SMTP Connectors are invalid" message that I am getting, how do I do that? The fix my network wizard detects it but is not able to resolve it. It will give me the another error that states "The server cannot connect the SMTP connectors. Ensure that Exchange is running, and then try again." Exchnage is running and functional, certificate installed, OWA works, so I dont know what is wrong over here? Can anyone please help? Thanks.

RE: SBS 2008 Exchange SMTP Connectors are invalid

The problem that you might be facing could be related to Receive connector Authentication settings that are not correctly configured, so follow the below method:
    1. First of all open the console as Administrator
    2. After that you can try to expand Server Configuration > Hub Transport > click on Receive Connectors and go to properties of the Windows SBS Internet Receive connector
    3. Now you have to click on Authentication and uncheck everything but Transport Layer Security (TLS)
    4. Now, similarly, change the Authentication method for Default SMTP connector to enable TLS, Basic Authentication, Exchange Server authentication, and Integrated Windows authentication.
    5. Now you have to rerun the wizard.

Re: SBS 2008 Exchange SMTP Connectors are invalid

Hello!

I have the exact same problem and I have checked the authentication settings.

I reran the wizard but this did not help.
    Any other suggestions?

Are there any logs that I can check to see exactly what the fix your network guide is failing on?

I get a similar error when i run the Connect to the Internet guide.

Best regards //Monsta

Well, you can try to configure Non-Authoritative Accepted Domains in SBS 2008 (Exchange 2007) that you can read from this link - http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archi...ange-2007.aspx

Thank you for your answer.

When I check the fncw.log I get an error message at the end that reads:

[908] 090217.191218.5260: Messaging: MessagingTaskException: The values that you specified for the Bindings and RemoteIPRanges parameters conflict with the settings on Receive connector "SRVNAME\Windows SBS InternetReceive SRVNAME". A Receive connector must have a unique combination of a local IP address, port bindings, and remote IP address ranges. Change at least one of these values. - Error# (80006)

I may have found the issue here - The server subnetmask is not configured correctly. I will change this tonight, (+1CET), restart the server and then try the fix my network guide again to see if this resolves my problem.

//monsta

SBS2008 Connect to the Internet guide does not recognize any other subnetmask other than 24bits.

When I installed the server I changed the subnetmask to 26bit so all network settings in the exchange connectors were configured to live in a 26bit sub network.

When I ran the Connect to the Internet guide it reconfigured the network to 24bit subnet mask but could not reconfigure the smtp connectors.

I reconfigured the network settings in the default smtp and internet recieve connectors and ran the guide again. Presto!!! It worked, and after that i could reconfigure the internet adress to not use the stupid prefix remote.

Of course I reconfigured the other servers, firewalls and printers to use 24bit subnet mask instead of 26bit. The use of the 26bit in this case is an old remnant from their ancient novell network and has never been a problem until now.

Thanks for all help. Hope this can help anyone else.

//monsta