Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Remote Web Workplace - ActiveX Error on Client

Small Business Server

Old 03-02-2009

Remote Web Workplace - ActiveX Error on Client

We are running SBS 2003 premium R2. Recently we configured a new Windows XP Pro but facing some problems while connecting to RWW. When I reached the stage to choose ?Connect to My Company's Application-sharing Server? it takes me to Choose Computers page and after few seconds it gives me an error message saying:

?This portion of the Remote Web Workplace requires the Microsoft Remote Desktop ActiveX Control. Your Brower?s security settings may be preventing you from downloading ActiveX controls. Adjust these settings, and try to connect again.?

Can anyone help me with this error? Many thanks.

Old 03-02-2009

Re: Remote Web Workplace - ActiveX Error on Client

Hello ChisholM, the very first thing I?ll suggest you is to download and Install RDP 6.1 from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en and try the procedure again. Before you start, make sure to Reset your Internet Explorer to default settings. You can do this from Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Reset.
Old 04-02-2009

If you have applied SP3 on the Windows XP Pro Client then you are not alone with this problem dude, it is very well know issue with SP3. But there is a working solution for the same. Just install the RDP as suggested by Viceman, enable it after the installation and reset IE. It should work fine.
Old 10-11-2009

Finally after many hours of fustration I was able to fix this RWW Active X connection issue. Search for the following on the windows website - Update for XP (KB969084). Download and install...problem resolved!!

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Tags: , , ,