Thread: XXXXX in the hash map cannot be updated.

XXXXX in the hash map cannot be updated.

I see below error in event log after every hour. It has started coming up suddenly.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Windows Search Service
    Event Category: Gatherer
    Event ID: 3013
    Date: 1/2/2009
    Time: 0:00:33 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: XXX
    Description:
    The entry <C:\PROGRAM FILES\TREND MICRO\OFFICESCAN\PCCSRV\WEB\SERVICE\AU_DATA\AU_TEMP\8308_4812\SERVER.INI> in the hash map cannot be updated.

Is there a way to fix it??

If it has started occurring suddenly then some recent changes might have caused it. I want to know if you have installed any application or software recently?? If yes than you can try disabling them one by one. If simply disabling them doesn't make any difference then you will have to uninstall them.

Re: XXXXX in the hash map cannot be updated.

Yes you can try disabling or uninstalling recently installed applications or software. In case you don't see any improvement even after that and you are using "Windows Desktop Search"(WDS) 2.6 or "Windows Search 4.0" for you SBS 2003 server, then i will suggest you to uninstall your current Windows Search program manually and install latest Windows Search 4.0 for Windows Server 2003. Once installed you can modify the Windows Search Service properties via "Search Option" >"Advanced Options". You are allowed to choose the search location and search file type or rebuild the index.

I have installed patch for Trend micro software and its the most recent application that i have installed. As far as i can guess the issue started after installing it. Currently i am using Windows Search 4.0" for SBS 2003 server. I have tried disabling and uninstalling Trend micro software but it still see the mentioned error in event log after every hour. I want to know if it can be caused by some windows search service???

I can see information related to Trend in below articles, just go through them and see if you find any of them helping.

Windows Search 4.0 Troubleshooting Guide

Windows Search 4.0 Administrator's Guide