Thread: Disable ISA as Hardware Firewall installed

Disable ISA as Hardware Firewall installed

We are running a SBS 2003 network at our Corporate Office. Recently I installed a Cyberoam firewall on the same. Now I want to disable ISA from this network as Cyberoam firewall is made a default gateway but am not able to figure how to remove ISA.

Can anyone please help me out for the same? Also let me know if removing ISA will effect SBS network in any way? Many thanks.

Re: Disable ISA as Hardware Firewall installed

Yes you can uninstall ISA (don’t just disable) and move SBS into a 1 NIC configuration. Once done, let the SBS do DHCP DNS. But before you do this, let me tell you that you will lose your Logging and other features that ISA has once you removed it.

Thanks for the info Daisyel, but sorry to say actually I wanted to disable it, no to uninstall. As the Cyberoam Hardware UTM is now in use as Default gateway as well as Firewall for my SBS 2003 Premium with ISA 2004, I guess it makes the function of ISA redundant. Hence I was just thinking to disable in order to save the resources.

Isn’t there any way I can disable it without uninstalling ?

According to me you can uninstall it if you care using it anymore and the firewall clients removed from the workstations. Just try creating a single rule allowing all traffic and disable all others. See if it helps.

For more info on Uninstalling ISA 2004 from SBS 2003: http://msmvps.com/blogs/kwsupport/ar...-isa-2004.aspx

our old dc is currently running sbs2003 and still has the very outdated isa 2000 on it, i am about to deploy a new dc (2008r2) but in the mean time i want to remove ISA 2000 from the sbs 2003 server and keep running the exchange software until the new dc is up in becomes primary. can i uninstall isa2000 without any serious issues? we too have a built in firewall within our new vpn routers, but until this silly 2 nic isa set up is removed it is a pointless function.

Only been in the job 3 months and it has taken me this long to get the rest of the systems tidied up and safe enough before i could even think about getting this sbs 2003 server binned. will be redeployed as a NAS box once it has been gutted.

Any advice would be great as i have never dealt with sbs in my life, used to work in a big college (50 servers and 1200 users) now down to 3 servers and 60 users and everthing is much more complex due to the previous IT Manager being a bit of an idiot.

H