Thread: Remote Web Workplace Will not Allow Users to Logon

Remote Web Workplace Will not Allow Users to Logon

Some of the users had complained about Remote Web Workspace connectivity. Those users have access to the RWW but when they try to login they are getting a error saying that username nad password is incorrect. This is weird. The users accounts is correct and it is synced with the server. But somehow a few number of user accounts fail to work. The user's are having permission to access RWW but still it does not work well. Can anyone guide me for the same.

You can find a kb article below that offer you ample of information on the problem you are facing. It gives you a solution for the error that you are facing. The cause can be issue with the user account itself. A number of time settings like change password on next logon generate this issue and that is why you are annoyed with the same. So just check out the issue and try to fix it as per the kb article.

Users receive a "The user name or password is incorrect" error message if they try to connect to a SBS 2003-based computer by using the Remote Web Workplace feature

Are you getting the same issue if you try out through web. I think you must test that. Or else run CEICW to configure the settings again. I am sure you will find out the related options that are required to manage the connectivity. The user database is not updated or the password is changed due to which you get the error. You can also verify the user account settings and check back the same.

What about the ports. Does it will needed to forward the port. I think 443 and 4125 is needed for the same. It is always better to enable firewall rules and then check back the same. You can reset the password of those troubled user account and then check the login. Check that a few number of time. If it work then the issue lies with password. It can be due to password expiration policy.

Try to use the domain name to login using RWW and then check again. I think the problem does not lies with the server or any other settings. Sometime a number of users input wrong user name and due to which they get the error. It is necessary that you must fist login to the server and verify that all the service are working. It is best to reset the password of those user account and then try to login and also verify the password expiration policy.

I will also add some here that will offer more info on the same. First to check the actual issue behind the connectivity. You can go in the error log there you can find out information related to service which fails to connect. It happens that a number of time the user account is correct but the server fails to authenticate the pc and cause this failure. Working back from scratch is one of the best way to deal with the problem.