Thread: Setup guidlanes to install SBS-Radius for controlling IPSec VPN Firewall

Setup guidlanes to install SBS-Radius for controlling IPSec VPN Firewall

We have SBS 2003 network where IPSec VPN Firewall is established for Remote File Access and other than that there's a FW to FW IPsec VPN tunnel for Remote Office as well. Now my problem is that the IPSec VPN Clients require credentials for FW, as far as i am aware once we make FW a Radius Client to SBS server then there is no need of credentials for both SBS server and FW as credentials gets integrated but that's not happening.
    I am not sure if i am missing anything but i really want someone to point me in case i have missed anything to fix this issue.Thanks in advance.

re: Setup guidlanes to install SBS-Radius for controlling IPSec VPN Firewall

So you want the firewall to act as the IPsec VPN server so that you can access and site-to-site connection , correct me if i am wrong???
    Its a good idea to make your remote access server, a RADIUS client of the Windows IAS for the purpose of integration and authentication but the configuration of firewall as the RADIUS client of the Windows IAS is a bit tricky. Many people have tried it out and have got stuck with the certificate part for securing the traffic between the RADIUS server and the RADIUS client. So just that you don't repeat the same thing i will suggest you to go through some articles like "Dial-up and VPN remote access" and "Implementing Your IAS Solution" for reference.

RE: Setup guidlanes to install SBS-Radius (to control IPSec VPN Fi

Ok, ill go through the articles that you have mentioned and will let you know if FW to be RADIUS client for WIN RADIUS Server and bypass the certificate part for securing the traffic between the RADIUS server and the RADIUS client.

No worries!!! try it and let me know, in case you have any query further then you can feel free to ask, best of luck.