Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

MMC error in snap-in. Cannot get into Microsoft Management Console

Small Business Server

Old 07-10-2008

MMC error in snap-in. Cannot get into Microsoft Management Console

HI, I?m using SBS 2003 and due to some reasons I need to manage the group policy but not getting it done. On my server there are some programs which depend on the network and are suddenly not accessible hence I want o make some changes in Group Policy. So do I need to download MMC 3.0 for the same?

Please help.

Old 07-10-2008

Re: MMC error in snap-in. Cannot get into Microsoft Management Console

Well the information you provided is not enough to understand the problem properly hence before I can suggest you something can you please tell what is the exact error message you receiving and when exactly it appears? Also what happens when you run gpedit.msc?

Also I dint understood what you meant y saying “programs which depend on the network.” Can you provide some more info about the same?
Old 08-10-2008

Re: MMC error in snap-in. Cannot get into Microsoft Management Con

Thanks for your reply. The actual problem is my Windows Firewall / Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) is not working any more. And when I try starting the same it says: ?Could not start ICS. Error 170. The requested resource is in use.?
Old 08-10-2008

I guess you are having ISA installed on your server than why do you need to run Windows Firewall. I don?t think it is required at all. I think you should call up any consultant in there to help you learn this and make sure you're set up well.
Your server is a complex little beast and there's a lot to know.
Old 08-10-2008

Hello Khudi*Ram, let me provide you few Microsoft KBs which I think will surely help you out:

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Tags: , , ,