Thread: "An invalid server name was specified"

An invalid server name was specified

I need some help with RWW. I am not able to work with server name stuff. I think there is some issue with accessing the client pc. It was working well but suddenly there were set of Active X error. I had enabled all stuff in IE 7 but still it is not working. I am getting a error on the screen saying An invalid server name was specified. I am trying to setup the connection manually but still getting the same kind of error. I hope there will be some working solution that would help to fix this out.

Did recently you had installed any antvirus or new updates. It looks some startup application are causing the failure. You will need to perform a clean boot and then check back the same. Go in msconfig and then click on services tab. There click on Hide all Microsoft service and disable third party services also. Later on click on Startup and disable all. Restart your system and then check back. I am sure the issue will be resolved. You can later on also verify the related service for configuring the setup must be working.

Re: "An invalid server name was specified"

XP SP3 disables the add on by default when you install it.