Thread: iPhone 3G won't Sync with Exchange

iPhone 3G won't Sync with Exchange

Is anyone getting this problem. I am not able to sync iPhone 3G with Exchange server. I had seen many people had able to do this and things are working fine here. I am using SBS 2003 SP2. All perquisite required is installed. I had gone through a manual but it is a bit annoying. I am not able to get the right procedure. The IIS settings is configured by default and it looks the integrated authentication is simply working fine.

RE: iPhone 3G won't Sync with Exchange

Compared to iPhone it much easier to work on Windows Mobile. The reason is integrated server support which works very well and for platform like iPhone and Blackberry you do not need any third party installation. Even on iPhone I am trying to work on OWA but somehow I am not able to work on the same. My friend is using Windows Mobile and it is much easier to sync as well to access OWA. So to some extent you can face troubles on iPhone and Blackberry platform.

Go in the iPhone settings menu and then go to the mail section. There you can find contact and click on calender click on settings. This are settings for test so you must check that and show us the result whether it works fine or not. Here you can choose the mail account and then choose exchange mail preferences. You must switch in on first and then on the home screen you would be able to sync. It is necessary that you must go with appropriate settings or else this kind of issue appear.

RE: iPhone 3G won't Sync with Exchange

Try to update the iphone firmware and then check the configuration once again. The iphone will not be able to connect due to issues with firmware. It is the only way to connect and if this does not works then there is no way you can sync the iphone with exchange. When you perform updates it would be possible to get a fix for the same. There are some critical update and service pack that can help you to perform sync the device with Exchange server.

I think there is no need of certification. All you need is appropriate settings. First you must ensure that your phone detects the server. There are some set of information that is required to access the server and if the settings are not proper you would face problem related to the same. iPhone's most commonly face this kind of problem. There is nothing much you can do in it. You can try the same a few number of time and if fails to work properly you can skip the same.