Thread: Uninstall TREND without the password?

Uninstall TREND without the password?

I am configuring new client on the server. My Trend subscription is already over. Now the last guy who left the job has the login information to add/remove applications. He is not available and I want to remove Trend. But I am not having any access to the server admin account. So I want to know that does there is a way through which I can uninstall the antivirus or any application from the server without providing the password. I am also not having the Trend Password. There is no way I can format the system.

I do not think but I found some solution based on that on web and hope can help you. For that you will need to open ofcscan.ini file. This file is located inside PCCSRV folder. You can open and edit that using notepad. In that just search for master_pwd. Change the valud of master_pwd and uninstall_pwd to 70. Save the file and then try back. The default password that you can use is 1.

That looks complicated. I had seen a registry fix for that but I do not actually remember the same. You just have to modify some values. But is better if you try to find out some uninstallation utility that would really help. There should be some set of software available on the web that can allow you to get rid of Trend.

Why you want to remove it. You can extend your subscription. It is a good antivirus program for servers and it offers optimum security with number of additional features. The best part of using the same is that you do not need to make major changes and I am sure it will help you to keep your server security from various threats.

Re: Uninstall TREND without the password?

I have the same problem with TM Client/Server Security Agent 7.6.1095. I bought a computer from work that had been part of a network, so I could use at home as a stand-alone desktop. Work didn't reply to my request for the password. So I followed this very carefully, making a copy of the ofcscan.ini first.
    Then went into control panel, add & remove programs and put in the password and voila, it worked. Thank you very much Merv.

[QUOTE='Merv Porter [SBS-MVP];3914863']Not sure if it will work in later versions, but for CSM 2.0:

To reset the password, please do the following:

Open the ofcscan.ini file in the server's ..\PCCSRV folder using Notepad or
    another text editor.
    Search for the Master_Pwd= parameter.
    Change it to Master_Pwd=70.
    Also change Uninstall_Pwd=70.
    Save the ofcscan.ini file.
    Restart the OfficeScan Master Service.
    The password for the web console is now "1".

--
    Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
    ============================

Re: Uninstall TREND without the password?

. Go to Start > Run, then type "Regedit".

Important: Always create a backup before modifying the registry. Incorrect registry changes may cause serious issues. Should this occur, restore it by referring to the "Restoring the Registry" Help topic in Regedit.exe or the "Restoring a Registry Key" Help topic in Regedt32.exe.

2. Go to this registry hive:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc

3. On the right pane, look for "Allow Uninstall" and set its value to "1".

4. Close the registry editor.

5. Uninstall the client via Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.