Thread: Forward Email to External Address -- Temporarily

Forward Email to External Address -- Temporarily

I have a client who is splitting up his company with his partner. So at the time of the transition, then want to have one of their email auto forwarded to an external email address. I have checked the group but have not found something that addresses this. Can anyone tell me a way to do this with Exchange? I am running SBS 2003 which is fully patched. Thanks

RE: Forward Email to External Address -- Temporarily

Have you tried to create a contact with an external address in active directory, and then forwarded mail to that contact.

Re: Forward Email to External Address -- Temporarily

Try to follow the below method and see if that works:

1. First of all in outlook create a rule to auto-forward. I recommend auto-forward as an attachment, otherwise to the recipient you loose the original sender information.
    2. After that try using "Active Directory Users and Computers" open the account properties, on the "Exchange General" tab there is a button "Delivery Options.." that will then give you the option to specify a "Forwarding Address" so enter the forwarding address there. This will require that there is an account created for the incoming email.If this isn't the case then:
    3. Try to create a "Contact". Set the contact up so that its primary email address is the external email address to forward to but with an additional email (NOT PRIMARY) for the email to receive on at that site. Lets say that you have an emal address A@B and you want to forward mail for this to A@C, then you would create a contact with A@C as the primary email address but with an additional SMTP address of A@B.

You can try to to Override Blocked Auto-Forwarding for Select Users. Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003 allow you to prevent, or block, your users from automatically forwarding their mail to another recipient. For more information go to this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317652/en-us

Re: Forward Email to External Address -- Temporarily

Also check the article on "Automatic replies, automatic forwards and Out of Office to Internet recipients are disabled in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003" from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266166/en-us