Thread: Is AVG 8.0 a/v sweep detecting Spybot S&D innards ?

Is AVG 8.0 a/v sweep detecting Spybot S&D innards ?

I have installed both AVG 8.0 antivirus and also Spybot S&D and I recently came accross a thread where a guy was advising to un-immunize and then sweep with AVG antivirus? Till now the AVG antivirus sweep has found about some registry keys of the form - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\. And to the right of these items are mostly "Found Adware.Generic" and there are also few other adware. Is there anyone who can tell me how do I manage both the security software?

Re: Is AVG 8.0 a/v sweep detecting Spybot S&D innards ?

Actually the Spybot's process has the same effects as Spyware blaster and that is why it is picking up in the AVG antivirus. You can do 2 things with it, either remove Spybot's immunisation and lose its proctection which you also know or you can simply ignore AVG's activex warnings and no harm will be done as well. Actually, this thing is never acceptable in real life, but it is the responsibility of the AVG guys to take care about this thing.

Re: Is AVG 8.0 a/v sweep detecting Spybot S&D innards ?

You can even try to remove everything that AVG is finding and then renable the SPybot search and destroy again for the protection. This is just a temporary solution that I am using at the moment, until someone releases a patch to fix this issue.

Thank you very much, I will try to do that as soon as I reach home. I was also having one question, will it matter If i remove or delete a file that avg finds similar as the ActiveX compatibility or so? And there are other times when the AVG icon in the quick launch area will hide so is it active or inactive at that time?