Thread: Vista 64 bit and games

Vista 64 bit and games

I have two hard drives connected in my system. My primary Hard drive is running Windows XP 32bit and secondary hard drive is having Windows Vista 64bit. I have few games installed on my such as CoD2 and Flatout2. When i log in to Vista and try running these games from my primary hard drive, they run fine.

But when i try to install them on Windows Vista 64bit, they just wont installs. Installation gets quit with error message. Is there any way we can install 32 bit games under windows vista 64? If yes, please let me know how.

Many Thanks,

Re: Vista 64 bit and games

As far as i know there are several games which use to have 16bit installer though the game may be 32 bit. Probably you are in the same situation. Hence these games won't be able to be installed under your Vista x64. But let me tell you that both the game and newer and there is very less chances that would have a 16 bit installer though. Do a bit search on this situation and see if you get anything working.

Re: Vista 64 bit and games

Hello Klums, first of all let me tell you that always provide as much as detail you can because it helps us to analyze the problem properly and hence better solution. You said the games installation ends up with an error message, can you tell me what error message are you getting?

Until you reply you must know that the game uses a driver it must be a signed
    64bit driver. DO you have such driver? If not, then right click the games installer and select its compatibility to Windows XP SP3 from compatibility Tab.

See if it helps.

RE: Vista 64 bit and games

I have been through this problem, infact the same game COD2 and Windows Vista. After struggling lot finally i managed to fix the problem myself. In my case the autorun was not working. Hence what i did was to cancel the auto run, go directly to the CD and run the setup program directly. No problems for me after that. Hope it helps.