Thread: Vista RC1 installation error 0x80070570 solution

Vista RC1 installation error 0x80070570 solution

While searching the web I found several users struggling with Error Code 0x80070570 during installing Vista RC1. And so far I dint saw any working solution. As I too have been struggling with this error for many days, I finally managed to found a solution and thought to share here so that other users can also get benefitted with the same.

In my case, I found a Microsoft tool named Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel.exe to mount the ISO directly and run the setup. I did that but during the installation I found above mentioned error code and most probably the cause might be corrupted ISO while mounting or burning it to DVD.

When I checked the read me of this tool, I found mentioned “THIS TOOL IS UNSUPPORT BY MICROSOFT PRODUCT SUPPORT SERVICES”. But there is a way following which you can make it compatible as well as install Vista properly. Here is the same:

• Copy VCdRom.sys to your %systemroot%\system32\drivers folder.
    • Execute VCdControlTool.exe
    • Click "Driver control"
    • If the "Install Driver" button is available, click it. Navigate to the %systemroot%\system32\drivers folder, select VCdRom.sys, and click Open.
    • Click "Start"
    • Click OK
    • Click "Add Drive" to add a drive to the drive list. Ensure that the drive added is not a local drive. If it is, continue to click "Add Drive" until an unused drive letter is available.
    • Select an unused drive letter from the drive list and click "Mount".
    • Navigate to the image file, select it, and click "OK". UNC naming conventions should not be used, however mapped network drives should be OK.

Once done with this, you will be able to use the drive letter as your local CD Rom drive. Start the installation and hopefully you wont be getting any more error or problem.

RE: Vista RC1 installation error 0x80070570 solution

Wow, that was very useful instructions Patton. Thank you very much for sharing the same. It helped me lot.

RE: Vista RC1 installation error 0x80070570 solution

Thank you for the tips patton but I’m still facing some problems with this CD Control panel tool. When I run the same, it gives me some error referencing D:\sources\Install.wim. I searched web and somebody said that disabling the local DVD drive may fix the problem. I did the same, disabled my local DVD drive and made virtual D: drive but still the problem exists. Can you suggest something for this?

Performing the installation of Windows 2008 (French) Standard in VMWare Server 2.0 environement (beta) gives me the same error.

I have applied the steps mention above, and change the image to be loaded from the drive instead of the local iso : same problem. ( I have tried both actually).

Recreating the virtual machine from scratch as this can't load the virtual Z drive of the iso : would not let me choose an other letter than D: drive (which is my current host CD rom drive).

So I try to change the letter in Virtual PC but I think it will not work. Help !

Re: Vista RC1 installation error 0x80070570 solution

Can you tell me which OS you currently running on your system and which Vista version you trying to install? Mean while you can check other suggestions given in this thread: Windows Vista RC1 installation error 0x80070570