Thread: Agent failed detecting reason: 0x80070000e

Agent failed detecting reason: 0x80070000e

I am getting a error 0x80070000e. But I am not able to locate any kind of reference for the same. There are around 20 systems at my office. I had also use the command wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow. But there was no response from the same. All the systems are connected to a Windows Server. What should I do to fix the error.

I am too having same error. I am not able to locate the error logs that can provide a bit clear info on the issue. It looks like some service in your system is corrupted. Where you are getting that error exactly. You said you have around 20 systems connected. I am getting this error when I try to update my systems. I hope there is some fix available for the same.

I had checked on some for help. It is right the error is associated with some corrupt service. I found a relative article on Microsoft forums which discuss on the same error and it is due to new updates failure on WSUS server. If you are trying to run Updates through WSUS it is not able to fetch the same properly which is causing the issue. Due to low memory also the same thing appears.

A client computer fails with a "0x8024400a" error code when it retrieves new updates from a WSUS server that is running Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1

This is one of a common issue that lies with XML components in server which fails to register or which are missing. My system has a similar error but that appear only once. The logs shows that WSUS is updated. But still the error creates a bit doubt in my mind. I cannot be good for server stability. If certain updates fails you can get the same manually also. You have to ensure that msxml files should be registered properly and there are some steps. Go to Start > Run and type the following regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msxml.dll. Hit enter. There must not be error. You might get message that the process is succeeded. Try the same process for msxml2 and msxml3. Restart your pc and then check back. Another things that you have to see is that your system has enough resources to carry out the operation.

Try to repair the synchronization. The is related to WSUS update. You have to run the sync repair so that the service can run appropriate updates in all system. I got the error while working on 4 systems. I am not able to get stable updates on each of the system. They are crashing related to some dependencies. You must try to run manual updates in all workstations. That will be a much better option I think and it will also work quiet well.

Go to your page file settings. Modify the value to system managed. Because the issue looks a bit due to low resources. Second thing as mentioned above you must modify the setting of synchronization. Or else the error will be more frequent and will be on multiple updates. Go to Control Panel and click on Automatic Updates. Disable the same completely. Go on System32 folders and look for SoftwareDistribution. Delete all the files from it. Once done then run wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow to collect new updates. You can enable automatic updates back here. Check the logs.

My system has this type of error a tons of time and yet it is not fixed. I had restarted my workstation and still getting the same error. I have lots of update pending in my system. I am configuring the settings of my workstation through Remote Desktop.