Thread: SQLBoot.dll unable to load

SQLBoot.dll unable to load

I am using a SBS 2003 Server. It is a new system which is built from scratch. There were some errors so I formatted it and installed everything. So it looks to be working well. But there is a problem with the same. I had installed all the software from the server by using msde. Somehow I removed it and installed it again. But there was some mistake. I am getting sql error. It looks that my SQ server setup is corrupt. But the same was working before. I had installed it through same setup. Now it is giving me corrupt error. The error reflect some sqlboot.dll. unable to load.

RE: SQLBoot.dll unable to load

It does not look like the SQL installation is corrupted. It looks that there is some kind of third party software in your system which is causing the failure. Just check in your system there will be some third party software installed due to which you are getting the problem. You will need to first remove and then reboot the server. If possible try to post more information on your system. Like the server edition, sharepoint services, etc. You will have to monitor all the activities properly and then check once again.

Go in log and post the complete error detail here. It looks a missing or corrupt dll file is causing the problem. But there can be more. It is better to find a new setup of SQL and then run the installation. It is going to help you much on the problem. It is a common sql error that can be fixed through fresh installation. There are some KB article on web that offer you more information on fixing the error but I will recommend you to begin the same from scratch.