Thread: WSUS 3.0 not pushing patches to workstations and servers

WSUS 3.0 not pushing patches to workstations and servers

I had upgraded to WSUS 3.0 recently and now I a not able to send patches on workstations on the network. The client systems are not getting new patches. I cannot find the mis-configured settings. What should I do to fix the problem.

What are the changes that you made after upgrading in WSUS server or in Group Policy. To get appropriate answer you will have to mention the same in more detail way. Run a diagnostic tool to find fix. I found a update diagnostic tool that can try to locate problems and fix them on its own.

Windows Update Diagnostic

I am too having the same kind of issue in my system. I had seen after upgrade a number of clients failed to work properly. I had tried to work with the patch properly but there is nothing I can do here. I had checked the client settings through C:\>clientdiag /t. This run WSUS Client Diagnostics Tool. The only error that I found is with Automatic update settings. The error listed was 0x80070005 access denied.

Re: WSUS 3.0 not pushing patches to workstations and servers

In my network, my system lies in a isolated group. And there are some other IS systems also on the same. I had tested the same and then approved the other groups also. But nothing worked out there. There are two important patches which are needed and they are shows in WSUS 3.0 Management Console. I had approved the patches a time before, but yet nothing worked out.

Re: WSUS 3.0 not pushing patches to workstations and servers

What can you seen in the logs. Check that and see what are the error listed in the same. You must check the updates properly and one more time if possible check that those things are approved or not. You can check that in update reports. Also you can find the download status of patch or update. It is located in WSUS admin console. Go the the top left of navigation and there you can find Download Status. Check whether it is downloaded or not.

There is nothing in the separate group of IS. I am also facing the same issue. I cannot push any listed patches to the works stations. I moved some workstation to a IS group and yet nothing is found there. I had tried to add maximum patches to that my Workstations remain updated. There are certain critical patches also yet not working well. Check one thing also. Did you had assign a group membership through group policy or WSUS admin console. If not then do that and then check whether the patches are applied or not.

I had added a different group that was created in WSUS 3.0 console. I had performed updates and also verified the detection frequency. Later on I had added more additional group and it looks things went fine. But the issue lies with some patches which are yet not installed in the client systems. All settings looks to be perfect here. I am going to check the group policy back again as that is the only thing I can do. I had tried running - wuauclt /detectnow /resetauthorization. But that did not provided any affect.

Should this be run from server or client level. I am think it should be performed through server level. As I had seen a time before, in Group Policy for WSUS the client side targeting is enabled. I had also added a different target group in the system that did not helped much. After testing I had seen the problem appeared back again. The authorization is unable to reset.