Thread: WSUS - force update-installation...

WSUS - force update-installation...

I am having WSUS configured with a GPO. I then disabled the "Do not adjust default option to 'Install." option, so that "Install Updates and Shut Down" should be seen in the shutdown dialog as default which normally works. After this the user have the option to bypass the update installation by choosing another entry in the shutdown-dialog. My question is that, can I force the installation of the updates after the user has any number of times bypass the installation manually? Thanks for any information.

Re: WSUS - force update-installation...

I dont think that policy prevent selecting of another option regardless of the setting, it will normally determine whether "Install Updates and Shutdown" is always the default option or not. Incase you enable this policy then the option given will always be "Install Updates and Shutdown" but the user will still be able to change that selection, for example, to Restart. Incase you disable this policy then the option presented will be the most recent option used.

Re: WSUS - force update-installation...

What if I activate "Reschedule Automatic Updates scheduled installations", will it work only if "Configure Automatic Updates" is set to option 4 then? I have set "Configure Automatic Updates" to 3 which is Auto download and notify for install. So, install at power on is not an option for me. We normally install the updates and do not discuss about them. Can you tell me if there are any third party tools that verifies such things? Thanks.

All you need to do is click on Start and then go to Run. After that type wuauclt /detectnow in the run box. If you want to refesh the client report on WSUS then use the parameter /reportnow.