Thread: WSUS Client detects 0 Updates

WSUS Client detects 0 Updates

I had seen old post based on this. There was issues with WSUS in finding updates. When I verified the update I found that there are only 0 updates. It is not detecting anything and I assume this will be safer to do the same. I am targeting here some system only. That will be going to get updates. But somehow it looks the clients are not receiving anything. It looks WSUS is missing some updates and there is a problem with that. Because it almost a week there were no updates provided. There are some 75 patches which are still pending to update.

Did you checked in WSUS server report. Is there anything detailed mentioned on the same. I am sure there you will find the updates which are still in the unapproved list. That is why they are not downloaded. You will have to put them in the approve list so that other can receive the same and work on it. Also there can be some kind of major bug with Windows registry. Fixing that might allow Windows Update to work properly. There can be a kind of long procedure but I am sure it will work.

Re: WSUS Client detects 0 Updates

Run WSUS Client Diagnostic Tool. This tool will tell you information whether there is any problem with the update service or not. If there is the test report will give you information on the problem. I had performed the test and it check out Checking for admin rights to run tool, Automatic Updates Service is running, Background Intelligent Transfer Service is running and Wuaueng.dll version 7.0.6000.374. I think upgrading the WSUS client can help you here, but you must do that properly without risking your configuration settings.