Thread: Configuration Wizard fails to appear after upgraidng WSUS 2 to WSUS 3

Configuration Wizard fails to appear after upgraidng WSUS 2 to WSUS 3

I need some help with WSUS upgrade. After upgrading that to WSUS 3 I am not able to get a configuration wizard. There is a error saying that -- "Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.OOBEWizard.exe has encountered a problem and
    needs to close. "The upgrade was fine and there was no issue at all. There is some problem the installation I think. This unexpected error has screwed all the settings of WSUS. I thought it would be a easier job but it is not working well. After checking in event viewer I found a number of small warnings which made the job more complicated. Any idea how to fix or atleast I can get the old settings back.

I am too having the same kind of situation. I was not aware that upgrade will cause such a failure. All the settings that were configured is wiped out and cause the failure. I am also getting constant sql errors. It is not possible to restore your system from this error. I think I will need to work back from the scratch in fixing all the problems. I had tried a number of stuff but nothing worked. I hope there will be some kind of repair setup available that can allow to configure the settings back.

This is a bug. I think there is a problem with permission in your system. There is some existing permission which screwing the update. You must try to first take ownership of all the components in your system and then try to work on the same again. I am sure it will be possible for you to work on the same and allow you to enter configuration wizard.