Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Server Update Service
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

VERITAS Backup Exec 9.1 SP5

Server Update Service

Old 02-06-2007

VERITAS Backup Exec 9.1 SP5

I need some help here to deal with backup of WSUS 3.0 database. Is anyone has managed to do the same. I want some help to backup WSUS 3.0 database. I am not able to do the same. I am trying to use Veritas. I think there will be some option available that can really help out. I tried to run the backup but got a error on the same. There was related to some kind of backup job. The complete error detail is : "An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of WSUSSERVER\MICROSOFT##SSEE. Microsoft SQL Server does not appear to be running or network connections are preventing access to it." I went into Event Viewer and found a error related to that. It shows failure audit. What does that means.

Old 04-06-2007

It is better if you go with the manual of the same. There will be some detail guide available that can help you to run a database update. I think you are doing something wrong due to which you are getting that error. You can try to create a new account which shows the missing error in Windows. You can check out the following listed documents that will be providing you more highlight on what you are trying to do.
VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers
Old 05-06-2007

It is a bit annoying that Microsoft does not offers a detail information on using what you are asking for. I am too struggling to find a proper way for the same. First of all there is no internal utility that can offer the same thing that you want and using third party tools can be buggy. I am using a tool called as NTbackup. This software works well and there is no problem with backup. It offers me option to backup the entire WSUS environment and it is much better compared to other products. You must test this out once and check the same once again. I am sure it will help you.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Server Update Service
Tags: , , ,