Thread: Terminal Services (RDP) Clients - Restart Prompts after AU disabled

Terminal Services (RDP) Clients - Restart Prompts after AU disabled

There are two Windows 2K server configured on my network. Those are setup to provide Terminal services to different users. Now those who access it does has any admin privileges on the terminal service. I had disable the the option of receiving the update notification through GPO. So even after disabling the option mentioned the users are getting update. On every reboot there is a message that update installation is done do you want to restart. I am not able to understand the policy behaviour here.

I am a bit confused with the query you posted. If you had set the server to install updates automatically then simply it will install and update that. And if you does not wants those updates then simply disable all the settings.

It can be due to updates enable on the client side. There is no way you can block what you are asking. The message updates are installed reboot your system has nothing to do with the gpo. I do not think there is any way by which you can simply stop the message.

It is far more better if you remove logon access which will I think prevent what you want. First just block the access and then simply remove the domain group. I hope that can help you to some extent.

An alternative to blocking connections is after all connections are ended go 'Terminal Services Configuration' > 'RDP-TCP' properties > 'Network' tab and set 'maximum connections' to 0 or 1 if not working directly at the console.