Thread: WSUS3 not downloading any updates and cannot be synced with other workstation

WSUS3 not downloading any updates and cannot be synced with other workstation

I am facing problem while working with WSUS3. I cannot figure out why it is not working at all. There are some problem with getting updates on it. When I am trying to check for updates and try to sync it I am getting a error. The error event id is 10032. It is not getting updated. I restarted the system and thought the problem would due to that, but somehow it is not working and there is no way I can work on the same. I hope there will be some kind of working solution that really works and offer me help on it.

With event id error there is no way get much information on the same. It is necessary that there should me more detailed description on the same. You can find that in Event Viewer. Go in the Event Viewer and verify the logs. I am sure you will get some information in it. Another thing you can do is stop and start WSUS and then see whether it works or not. You can type the following command in window and check. Type sc config bits start= auto. The again type net stop to stop it bits and net start bits to run it again. I am sure it will be working well.

It is a kind of permission problem due to which you are getting the issue. There can be some kind of pending patches and updates which is not working well and causing the failure. I was having some kind of problem with Windows Update. Later on upgraded the WSUS client to WSUS 3 and things went back to normal. There is no problem at all. You must check out the permissions first and then work back on that. It is better to go in Event Viewer and find out the issue related to pending updates. I am sure it will be working well.