Thread: Pano Stand Alone

Pano Stand Alone

I dont know how did I get this malware in my pc and even after removing it by using registry mechanic, spybot anti spyware software, it will not go away from my computer. What is happening is that, there is a message that I am getting from windows .net telling me that a download error occured and then there is a pop up that says "download initializing" and then immediately the download fails. Then there is another window that pop up from Pano that says that "The feature I am trying to using is on a CD rom or other removable disk which is not available, insert the pano disk and try again". I dont know how did this install on my machine and I want to remove it once and for all.

Re: Pano Stand Alone

You can try to download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility from here and then try to remove that malware that is showing up everytime in your pc. Additionally you can also check the Windows Installer Appears Every Time a Program Is Started common issues from the below link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;265194

I have heard that Pano Stand Alone is a software that came from HP Digital Imaging, so it basically means that it is a camera or video recorder software that you might have installed in your computer. It may be a an adware but I dont think that it will affect your computer at all. You can try to uninstall the HP applications and see if that thing goes away or not.

Re: Pano Stand Alone

Even I was getting this same issue with the error "Windows Installer looking for pano stand alone please insert CD ROM etc". After searching for a solution for this problem on different websites I found out that it is surely a part of the HP Imaging software, so what I did was I downloaded the original software and burned it to a disc from the HP website and then inserted the same disc which was "HP Image Zone Plus" and windows found it on the disc and then cleared the error.