Thread: Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia : The new PDA formalized

Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia : The new PDA formalized

A few weeks after the first rumor, Samsung unveils the SGH-i900 Omnia, a new 3G PDA running Windows Mobile. This device has several specific interest: firstly a sober and modern design that is reminiscent of the Apple iPhone. Then a screen to the atypical resolution (240x400), which will display a little more useful information and providing for the first a sort of "force feedback" improving interaction between the user and device. The Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia is expected to arrive in Europe this summer.

Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia

The technical characteristics of the SGH-i900 Omnia correspond to current standards: 3G HSDPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS ... The screen 3 "2 of 240x400 innovates doubling the resolution first, and especially the" force feedback "which emits a kind of small vibration when a button is activated by example. The specs sheet of the Samsung i900 is then boosted by the quad-band GSM / GPRS / EDGE support plus HSDPA 7.2Mbps. Thanks to the built-in accelerometer, the UI automatically rotates to follow the handset's current direction. Wi-Fi support is also on board to make the i900 sound even juicier. Wi-Fi support is also on board to make the i900 sound even juicier. The USB port, FM radio with RDS and stereo Bluetooth (A2DP) are among the final touches to this loaded PocketPC.

Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia Pics

The aircraft loads 8 or 16GB storage, without this n'impacte dimensions: 112 x 56.9 x 12.5 mm. The camera can even be the finest PDA with Windows Mobile! While previous models suffered from a poor autonomy, the SGH-i900 Omnia loads a battery of 1440mA, better calibrated to feed all the functions communicating.

The screen should take advantage of the new graphical user interface developed by Samsung, so as to compete with TouchFLO of HTC.

Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia Screenshots

The device will be available in this summer without any information on distribution agreements (pack operator?) Or the price will be disclosed.

A very good phone, i think better than N95 i think better than N95

Samsung debuts OMNIA - Everything you wish for in your Mobile

Samsung Mobile announced the launch of its top of the line, premium, all- in- one Super phone, Samsung OMNIA in the Indian market. Samsung OMNIA (SGH-i900) brings together sophisticated style and fun, dynamic multimedia experience along with high performance business capabilities to raise the bar in mobile convergence and performance, taking the consumer’s mobile experience to the NEXT level.

Samsung OMNIA (SGH-i900)

OMNIA, meaning ‘everything’ in Latin and ‘wish’ in Arabic, goes far beyond the current top-of-the-line features available in today’s mobile phones. Announcing the launch of Samsung OMNIA in the country today, stated Mr. Sunil Dutt, Country Head-Samsung Telecom, “ Samsung OMNIA is our flagship model aimed at users who desire a lot of functionality, a lot of style, a lot of usability and a lot of entertainment in one innovative device. Samsung OMNIA will help users to be at the forefront of work and play and at the same time, to stay connected anytime, anywhere”.

Highlights of Samsung OMNIA (SGH-i900)

Highlights of Samsung OMNIA (SGH-i900)

The all- in- one mobile with everything in touch

Samsung’s patented TouchWiz user interface makes entering data and text simple. With unique widgets, users can customize and personalize the way they use their phone. Samsung OMNIA’s high resolution touch-sensitive 3.2-inch WQVGA LCD screen uses intuitive tap, sweep, drag and drop operations as well as an on-screen QWERTY keyboard. Further, the OMNIA facilitates easy and convenient calling and texting with a dedicated dome key for controlling communications.

Vivid, lively multimedia experience with the Samsung OMNIA

Samsung OMNIA comes with a five-megapixel CMOS camera with the latest value-added features, which include auto-focus (AF), face detection, smile detection and auto-panorama shot.

Available with 32 GB Memory (16GB Internal Memory + 16 GB MicroSD card from Sandisk) and 24 GB Memory (8GB Internal Memory + 16 GB MicroSD Card), Samsung OMNIA ensures ample storage space for digital assets.

It delivers the ultimate in digital entertainment with a wide 3.2-inch WQVGA LCD screen for viewing videos and slide shows in high-resolution and advanced audio capabilities. MultiCodec support for DivX, Xvid and other video formats eliminates the hassle of file format conversions.

“OMNIA is for people who expect the ULTIMATE from their mobile devices and who don’t compromise on their desires. All functions of this device including amazing video quality are to be experienced to be believed as they set the NEXT benchmark in the industry” states Mr. Dutt.

Rounding out the fully comprehensive feature set, Samsung OMNIA also offers GPS, including navigation and geo-tagging capabilities, so users can get their bearings wherever work or life takes them.

Bringing a PC environment to Mobile

The new Samsung OMNIA allows users to switch seamlessly between Microsoft Outlook email and productivity applications that replicate the look and feel of their PC - with a stroke of their finger.

Based on the most up to date Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional operating system, Samsung OMNIA gives users a mobile extension to their PC experience, with access to MS Office documents such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Users can also send and receive email and manage their appointments in Outlook while on the go. The Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional operating system means users can download additional programs as they would on their PC and customize it for their individual needs. For ease of navigation, an optical mouse similar to those on laptop computers offers improved usability and one-handed control.

Samsung’s pursuit for design perfection

The Samsung OMNIA presents Samsung’s absolute leadership in design. It features an ultra-slim 12.5-mm profile and a platinum-look finish that fits snugly in the palm of the user’s hand. The elegant hairline patterns on the back of the phone bring the perfection in style.

Samsung OMNIA is priced at Rs.39,999/- (32 GB Memory ) and Rs 37,999/- (24 GB Memory).

Samsung Mobile made its first foray into the touch screen mobile phone segment with Samsung Soul, which comes with a Magical Touch by DaCP. With this feature, navigation indicators on the keypad of the phone change according to the user’s needs, making navigation of the menus simple, intuitive and direct.

Following the launch of Samsung Soul, the Samsung SGH-i780 was introduced. Samsung SGH-i780 is a sleek smart device featuring a full QWERTY keyboard and full touch screen with built in stylus. The Windows Mobile 6.0 device features push email, MS Office, MSN Chat; GPS capabilities, an optical mouse, Wi-fi support and 2-megapixel camera. The optical mouse feature in the SGH -i780 is an industry first from Samsung.

Exemplifying Samsung’s ‘Next is What’ positioning and coinciding with the Beijing Olympic Games, Samsung launched its full touch screen, ultra slim, lifestyle mobile phone, Samsung TouchWIZ in the Indian market in August 2008 .

The Samsung TouchWIZ has innovative features like Customizable Drag ‘n’ Drop and Auto Smile Shot which coupled with the Full Touch navigation feature make the phone experience remarkably easy and user friendly.

The Touchwiz’s 5 MegaPixel, AutoFocus-LED Flash camera, refined metal body casing and luxurious leather cover combine the best of form and function to create new benchmarks in Lifestyle space in mobile phones.

Samsung also plans to enhance its mobile channel coverage this year. The Company is in the process of growing its Samsung Mobile Privilege Partnership (SMPP) network and is aggressively tapping the semi urban/rural markets through tie ups like IFFCO. To provide better after sales support to the consumers, the Company is also expanding its mobile after sales service channel by over 60%.

The Samsung OMNIA presents Samsung's absolute leadership in design. It features an ultra-slim 12.5-mm profile and a platinum-look finish that fits snugly in the palm of the user's hand. The elegant hairline patterns on the back of the phone bring the perfection in style.

Samsung OMNIA price in India is Rs.39, 999/- (32 GB Memory) and Rs 37,999/- (24 GB Memory)

Samsung Omnia Updates Released

Samsung first released its Windows Mobile ROM update for the SGH-i900 Omnia smartphone a couple of months back for Singapore customers, and this time round there are more updates for different countries as well. The download weighs in at a hefty 108MB and will be made available to SGH-i900 users in Italy, France, Malaysia, the Philippines and of course, Singapore. Too bad folks over in North America are still waiting for the Omnia, leaving them a handset and two updates behind.

Re: Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia : The new PDA formalized

In this phone some softwares are required to be installed on device like some registry tweaks but most of the apps can be installed on external memory card as well as the internal memory provided in the mobile phone. Once you connect your mobile phone with pc via active sync then device will be shown immediately and transfer all the games or apps that you want with simiplicity. If you have file explorer then you can even check from the mobile phone, where excatly you have stored the apps and games in the folder, so that it can be installed.

Re: Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia : The new PDA formalized

One of the main feature of the Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia is the size of its screen that is: 3.2 inches (which is approximately 8.1 cm), instead of the usual 2.8 inches (which is 7.1 cm). The screen resolution is specific to 240 x 400 pixels (WQVGA) instead of the usual 240 x 320 (QVGA). This phone is also noticeable for its digital camera which is 5 megapixels and built-in memory support of 8GB or 16GB (two versions of the i900 will be available), otherwise, it's classic features that it is having for an example - 3G +, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FM Radio, etc are more than enough for making this one of the best mobile phone.