Thread: Spore (PC Game)

Spore (PC Game)

PUBLISHER: Electronic Arts
    DEVELOPER: Maxis
    GENRE(S): Strategy
    PLAYERS: Multi
    ESRB RATING: RP (Rating Pending)
    RELEASE DATE: September 7, 2008

From the mind of Will Wright, the creator of The Sims, comes SPORE™, an epic journey that takes you from the origin and evolution of life through the development of civilization and technology and eventually all the way into the deepest reaches of outer space.

Minimum Specs for Spore:
    Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
    Graphics: The bare minimum should be something like a ATI 9800.
    Processor (CPU): Probably anywhere from between a 2.00GHz Intel to a 2.5GHz Intel or AMD equivalent
    RAM (memory): We guess at 512mb being the minimum
    Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Space: 1GB

Features:
    • Control Fate - Develop advanced civilizations and planets all from a drop of water. You also determine exticntion and evolution for your creatures, and lead them through time to become "modern".
    • Maxis promises that other people can interact within any of your planets within the "Universe", you will get a report of them exploring your world, and how they have affected the local populations.
    • The amount of customization is simply incredible. You can control anything about the animals, from appearance to abilities, food sources, because you can alter their DNA. Teach your favorite a new skill that will be passed down through evolution.
    • Travel into space, underwater once your civilization is advanced enough, to see other planets that may be bumbling with life.

Continued .....

Tide Pool Phase
    Fight with other creatures and consume them to adjust the form and abilities of your creature. It's survival of the fittest at the most microscopic level.

Creature Phase
    Venture onto land and help your creature learn and evolve with forays away from your nest. The only way to grow is by taking chances!

Tribal Phase
    Instead of controlling an individual creature, you are now caring for an entire tribe. Give them tools and guide their interactions as you upgrade their state of existence.

Civilization Phase
    Once your city is established, your creatures begin seeking out and interacting with other cultures. Make contact with an olive branch or a war cry. The goal for your creatures is to conquer the planet.

Space Phase
    The time has come to move on to other worlds in your solar system. Make contact, colonize, or terraform, then venture further to find other solar systems. A 'mission' structure provides new goals in your quest for galactic dominance.

This is a game for every one in the family! Its just a really great game, and YOU get a chance to bouild your own creature, from the bottom to the top! Its just a one of the games that you allmost can have another life in. ...

Like everyone else, I'm telling out from the video...

Spore is for sure gonna be a big hit.. How big I can't say, but many people today don't know how big Spore actual is.
    Some of my friends said to me "but Spore looks like a game for babys, we want hardcore stuff" and I can follow that opinion, BUT let's face the fact that Spore is the game you want it to be.

I know it's wrong to estimate ...

Those characters are so good.. I can see the Will Wright creatures inhabiting a super high tech planet in my galaxy.

At the beginning the concept was made that there have not "step" but a continuous evolution.

I bought the game yesterday and it is still quite interesting.