RELEASE DATE: June 24, 2008

System Requirements:
* Windows? 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista
* Pentium III 800+, 512MB RAM
* 3D Graphics Card with 16MB+ Video RAM
* DirectX 8.1 or Higher
* DirectX Compatible Sound Card
* CD-ROM Drive

The original Supreme Ruler was a text-based economic strategy game released in 1983. A new vision of a groundbreaking economic, political and military strategy game was realized with the release in May 2005 of Supreme Ruler 2010, which has received critical acclaim from gaming and strategy publications, and also received two nominations from the Canadian Awards for the Electronic and Animated Arts ? winning in the Best PC Game strategy.

Supreme Ruler 2020 - Full Game Features:
* Improved Graphics with Higher Resolution Maps and Units
* Improved Sound and Music, including Region-specific background music
* Next Generation AI
* Streamlined Interface for easier play options
* Advanced "Single Map" Design
* Play in a small Region or Play the Entire World!
* High Resolution Satellite Imagery courtesy of NASA
* Real-time or turn-based game play options
* Multiplayer support for up to 16 players via LAN or Internet
* Extensive economic and political model
* Exciting new Sandbox mode that lets Players customize their playing experience!

Look for it to launch later this month.
Old 06-06-2008

Continued .....

Overall:
All in all Supreme Ruler is a solid game. I enjoyed the hours I put into it, once I started figuring out how to not completely suck as a world leader. It’s not big on flash or photorealism, but for the intended target those things aren’t what matters. Having spent time looking at the forums and user suggestions from Supreme Ruler 2010 it’s obvious that the designers took user complaints to heart and strove for a better strategy experience in 2020. I believe they succeeded.

Top Gaming Moment: Having all of my production items in the plus for trading. It didn’t last long, but no red negative numbers was highly satisfying.
Old 07-06-2008

Both in comparison to the first Supreme Ruler and as a stand alone the game is technically nice to work with. The visuals and sound are both well done, providing for a variance in experience depending on which area of the map you?re playing in. The mouse controls the camera in and out and you can move just about anywhere on the mouse with a right click drag. Information is available from each area by hovering over it where stats are displayed as to what it is and how it?s doing.
Old 26-08-2008

interesting game, I would have never thought of that....

and also good graphics.

TechArena Community > ARENA > Reviews
Tags: , ,