Specifications

Screen TFT LCD 24 " Wide
- Pitch: 0,27 mm
- Resolution: 1920x1200 @ 60 Hz
- Luminosity: 500 cd/m ²
- Contrast: 1000:1
- Response time: 6 ms, 16ms (black to White)
- A Number of color: 16,7
- Technology of the flagstone: PVA

Unpacking of the screen

Contents: a cable DVI, a cable VGA, an electric cable, a cable USB (A-B for Hub) and CD.

I pose it on the desk and my first impression is “whaou, it is really large”

Taking into account his size, I lead it to the maximum for a sufficient distance (a good meter between me and the screen).

Of color black and silver plated, I find the look of the screen rather successful, very design.
It is smelled immediately that it is of good quality. The screen is directed and handled very easily, it can swivel laterally, be adjusted in height and be inclined vertically in pivot mode.

On the level of the connector industry: DVI and D-Sub (VGA), supplemented for the occasion of composite, S-Video entries and YUV. One will regret the absence of a second DVI and a connection HDMI.
It has a card reader integrated on the left side.

Starting of the screen (small moment of stress).
I regulate the resolution in 1920x1200 and makes a small white black test, ouf no pixel of death. I lower then the luminosity which seems to me a little strong by defect.
One appreciates continuation the quality of posting and the important space of the office.

Films

Even if the screen does not have catch HDMI, it is compatible HDCP all the same (for recall, the HDCP is a standard of protection intended to control audio flows and video HD circulating through interfaces DVI and HDMI).

Who says panoramic screen called in priority DVD Widescreen (16/9) in order to have an adapted image. With a DVD whose image is only into 4/3, I type myself a black band on each side.

The screen suffers from a light swarming in the zones of ranges which it is possible to attenuate via an adjustment in the control panel of the graphics board (at nvidia: Improvement of the edges and Attenuation of the noise).

Well on, it is always possible to move away from the screen not to see swarming more but which is thus the interest to have a screen of this size if to look at films 3 away meters.

Question remanence, it is very satisfactory and returned colors is quasi-perfect except a a little excessive green.

I tested some vidéos in HD (1080p - 1920 X 1080), available on the site of Microsoft
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...tshowcase.aspx
Inevitably visual quality is much better, almost non-existent swarming without being particularly exceptional.

On the level of the angles of vision, it is quite simply excellent some is the place where one places oneself.

Plays

My principal fear was of having “bidouiller” the plays in order to be able to play with a resolution 1920 X 1200 but finally there is a package of plays which supports format 16/10. Sometimes admittedly, it is necessary to modify certain files of config (ex: BF2) if this function is not activated in the menu to post the play in 1920*1200, but overall the new plays which leave are compatible 16/10.

The plays take very an other dimension on such a screen, the immersion is total.
It should be said that the wide is more “natural” for the human vision that the 4/3.

It is really an incomparable pleasure to play on a large flagstone, it is simple one rediscovers the play.

The reactivity is very good even with the fastest plays, not of remanence to be regretted.

Here are some screens for the road (on one 7900 gtx) in 1920x1200 with full details whose interest is to show the angle of sight widens.

FAR CRY

LOST COAST

However, my 7900 GTX found “limited” by a lack of power in certain plays with the details and filterings to the maximum like Oblivion, FEAR, Flight Simulator X or Age of Empires III. A configuration containing SLI, Crossfire or 8800 GTX would be necessary.

This screen made above all the beautiful share with the sets of strategies, motor races and sports (PES 6 on this screen, a treat) thanks to a side widening of the angle of sight.

With final, it is a true pleasure and an unequalled experiment to be able to play on such a monitor.

The price

Bought in promotion with appox Rs.60800 instead of appox. Rs.86200 (its price strongly varies).
That can appear compared with the LCD expensive 22 inches (approx.Rs. 19250) but it is an investment on the long term. If there is well an element in a PC not to neglect it is the screen. To have a powerful CPU and a graphics board which tears its race on poor screen, that does not have any interest.

Concerning the delivery: in 4 days by UPS with follow-up on line of transport.
Guarantee: 3 years with withdrawal on the spot the following day.
Policy of the pixel died at Dell: replacement starting from 6 dead pixels.

In conclusion, this screen it is that happiness. The visual comfort induced by the 1920x1200 resolution is quite simply incredible. One is accustomed easily to more space, and well rather early, one regards all that as being “normal”. The uniformity, the luminosity and returned colors are quite simply exceptional and I never was able to note deformation.

Between my first screen in the Eighties (screen CGA 320x200 4 colors) and this one, one crowned technological development! What will it be in 20 years?