Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony Ericsson K700i review

Sony Ericsson K700i review

Well after waiting for 6 long months and getting out of dilemma ...to buy NOKIA or SE....i must say i took the right decision to get SE K700i...!!

I hve to say that ppl shd now stop comparing NOKIA and SE cause...SE is now 1000 miles ahead of NOKIA.

Without wasting more time ...here goes the Review...

1)Apperance

I must say an extremly well designed phone. Dual front...gives looks an upper edge to all compitetors. Metalic body gives an exclusive feel.

2) Screen
    Those who think Nokia screens to be good....must give a look at this beauty. With 65000 colors, 176 X 220 pixel High Resolution, TFT 1,8" screen its way better than any NOKIA.

3) Ringtones
    OK...now here Nokia scores...as NOKIA more loud and has better ringtones from manufacturers in comparison to SE....but with MUSIC DJ (TM) you can create your own 24 track music....a gr8 time pass.

4) Camera
    a better way to explain this will be rating system....ie: i will rate NOKIA 6230 6/10 and SE K700i 8/10. But for video recording NOKIA 3/10 and SE 8/10.

You have flash which is good in night only if u r taking pic within a distance of 2 mtrs.

A mirror works gr8 to take selft pics...with self timmer its even more handy...
    5) Radio
    Nothing to boast abt this....its as good as NOKIA.

6) Image editing

i wonder if its in any NOKIA.

a) u can take pic in diffent frames like behind bars, hippyt looks, face in baby's body and much more...

b) u can add clip arts to any image....

c) pen tool, text tool, line, rectangle, ecllipse....a mini Paint Brush in nut shell...again a gr8 time pass.

d) u can even add spl effects like...MOsiac, Emboss, Frosted glassRipple, Brightness, Contrast....ppl with knowledge of PHOTOSHO wld understand better wat i want to say....for all other u can give spl effects to ur pics...
    7) Memory
    Nokia scores again....as it has expandable memory slots but chips r not for free....SE k700i has 41 mb memo ...i got 40638 memo free ...and beleive me u wont need more memo....untill u live to play with phones....40 MB is huge space....in 10 days i could use only 4 mb...with voice recordin 4 video of 35 sec each, 50 pics on medium resolution....and much more....

8) Connectivity
    Bluetooth, Infrared, Quick Share (TM) ...in brief u can send pics within seconds ....

9) Organiser
    Calender, Tasks, Notes, Alarms, Timer, Stop Wtch, Calculator...1 thing i liked a lot is CODE MEMO...which open with a password...u can store all ur imp numbers like ATM, CREDIT CARDS etc. in this CODE MEMO.

10) Games
    The only diffrence 3D Java Gaming available in K700i...and i guess its all wat a gamer wants 3D graphics....NOKIA supports only 2D games.

11) Photo ID
    a good size of pic is visible if u hve alloted a pic to any of ur contact...ie: almost half the screen....i am mentioning this in particular cause in 6230 4 millimeter X 4 mm pic is visible....so u really hve to dig ur eyes on screen...

Other Features:
    MP3 Player, weight 93grms, 4X zoom camera Night Mode, Tri Band 900/1800/1900, Battery 360 hrs Stand By 7 hrs Talk time, T9 Text,

I hope i hve mentined all imp features which may help u decide...NOKIA or SE...!!

Will be posting pics from K700i cam soon.

Presently priced at Rs 19350/- a bit expensive but the moment u hold the little

beauty in you palm ur brain will immideately respond with...GO FOR IT...!!

Retesh...

* View the pictures taken by this phone, please click the following link : k700i Review
    Last edited by rock_ya_baby; 26-07-2004 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Link to pics added.

IceFusion Guest
    damn u.....that day i showed u that the cam of nokia was as good sony....

screen i agree is better due to its large size.....as for image editing..yes it is there in nokia 6230.....i can also put the frames around the pic..like that baby and wanted frame....

adn u have mentioned all the pros of the k700...how abt the cons...especailly the 1 relating to wallpapers...remember the wallapers which r a bit smaller and will not be able to take the whole screen......the background cannot be adjusted to meet the pics color scheme......

i beleive that is a minus point of NOKIA small wallpapers....due to low resolution....less pixels....u cannot keep better images.....so this is a flaw of NOKIA....not SE....

IceFusion Guest
    better images...what do u mean by that??..remember the wallpapers i sent u...it fitted perfecly on ur phone screen....cause it was of perfect size....

!!

i answered ur comment pic size....plz refer to it...

HEY retesh excellent review. points awarded

can u please add some pics to ur review, so i can add this to portal

Regards,

SunMysore Guest
    ^^^^^ good, but i wud suggest retesh to clear up a little bit in english also

IceFusion Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by retesh_gondal
    i beleive that is a minus point of NOKIA small wallpapers....due to low resolution....less pixels....u cannot keep better images.....so this is a flaw of NOKIA....not SE....
    well incorrect....nokia dosent neccesarily use small wallpapers...it seems due to smaller screen size..even large wallpapers can be used..they will only shrink to fit on the screen...

The thing that still sets these phones apart is the camera. Although the k700 is packed with cool camera functions and tricks such as the the camera light for dark shots and panoramic capture, it still dosnt come out as clear as the 6230 although the 6230 comes with very basic features the pictures are crisp and always clear. The k700 is very tempramental when it comes to taking photos, if you dont keep your hand steady your get a blury and pixellated shot.

this is taken from a review on another forum where the phones were compared....

Both the phones have similar screen..65000colors active matrix TFT's...though the sony screen dosent have the protection plastic cover on it..making it very vulnerable to scratches....and as it dosent allow body cover change...i dont c any use of it once the screen gets some scratches...Nokia on the other hand has a protective cover on the screen,and body covers are available easily in the market thus allownig the screen to be protected every time.....

Secondly..the k700i uses the BST 30\BST35 batery which has a poor battery backup as they r not powerful enough for a phone with all the features it has.....

I cant provide links to other forums under the TA rules...other wise i would have given u a link to SE K700 bugs thread

I am not saying that sony k700i is a bad phone..infact it is a great phone. ...but all iam saying is that u have given each point from a positiv view....there are some flaws in the phone and some sftware bugs 2.....and as u r giving a review u should mention those also...so that the reader is able to compare the features and choose the phone he desired keeping in view his needs......
    Last edited by IceFusion; 12-07-2004 at 03:06 PM.

aka911 Guest
    @reeteh

Very good review!!!
    can u please post some pics taken by K700i

@icefusion

yes mate,I have seen the pics taken by 6230 on a PC.They are just unbelievable.yes on the screen photos taken by K700i look better but transfer them To a PC and 6230 will blow you away.hell even 7200 takes better pics thenh k700i and 6230 is way ahead of 7200

lol K700 batt I hav heard does not even go 1 full day;;

But it is as close to Mobile Niravana as you can get;as a multimedia phone(I am not talking about smart phones) this mobile has no peers(except maybe 6230)

Retesh please add some pics, A review is never complete without the pics.

IceFusion Guest
    hehehhe....people he cant add any pics...as i have 2 visit his house and get IR working up for him...he cant get the IR connected to his phone

IceFusion Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aka911
    But it is as close to Mobile Niravana as you can get;as a multimedia phone(I am not talking about smart phones) this mobile has no peers(except maybe 6230)
    what do u mean exactly here...... mobile nirvana.....

aka911 Guest

Happy Mobile nirvana!!

Well icefu, You see I just added a bit of spirituality to the already powerful concotion(cell phone) and the result will be nirvana!!

P.s. I just used the term as it is... read the same sentence abt E700 somewhere on the net!! hehehe,...

now that IR port has started working...i will soon post pic takens by SE k700i camera....!!

Retesh

pics from k700i uploaded

hi...
    its been long...but finally pics from SE K700i are up....
    please click the following link : k700i Review

Mirror : @ geocities

Retesh...

[ed. hosted on Tech-Arena server - RYB]
    Last edited by rock_ya_baby; 26-07-2004 at 11:56 AM.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast