Desktop are required in every field today. And on the same hand requirement of portable, robust system cannot be ignored. Desktop are the most common type of system we use mostly in our office. No one really plans to fix laptops on every department. For institutions, offices, banks, etc desktop are vital. You can ignore your needs of system requirement just by purchasing an average system. Companies which deal with client contacts like Call Centers, Financial Institution, need more reliable system. A down system affects your cost in two ways. First the work process is hampered and other the paid employee time. Under those circumstances, there are very rare companies who keep backup computers. Desktop mostly are reliable, but getting a good system could be wiser. The traditional CPU tower that we buy is bigger in size and needs more space. Compared to them mini towers are comfortable in various aspects. You can move them easily, you do not need to make place for them and you can fit them anywhere. CPU case needs space to get fixed properly and there you need to make necessary changes in your office furniture. But compared to them miniTowers are easy to configure. They have half the small of existing bigger one, do not need special places.
This reduces your setup cost to extent. And when there is a time of movement, renovation, etc you can simply carry them easily. For business permission, full size towers are never recommended. You need more small and simple system with robust hardware configuration to meet your daily needs. Business machines are not overloaded with extra goodies. There hardware, software, etc are made working point of view, so that you can get flawless output. What really matters is appropriate management if you own a good number of systems. Lenovo's Thinkscenter offers you similar center starting from $480.00 (Rs.25,000) onwards. Recently Lenovo has added two more desktop under Thinkcenter M series. They are M72E and M92P. The desktop's provided here is optimum for business usages. What really matters is good performance and reliability. Mini Towers does not mean that they do not carry complex processing. Thinkcenter M series desktop also comes with Intel Core i5 and i7 processor.
I had listed all the models with price and a short description. Rightnow there are around 6 mini desktop models available which starts from $478 to $988 maximum. So that fit you budget with ease. Many assume that Mini desktop is not equipped with good hardware support. But that is actually not fully right. The second most doubt is low on hardware upgrades. Now there is some reason that I too agree, but as technology rises, portable hardware are too upgraded very easily. Like under Thinkcenter M series there are among 6 there are 4 models that can be upgraded to Intel Core i5 CPU. Couple of them supports 16GB DDR3 ram upgrades and gpu support. The technical specification listed below is the default that you are getting. We start begin with common design that each of them has. Talking about the design almost all desktop under ThinkPad M series offers a slim vertical layout.
There are around 4 types of layout. They are MiniTower, Small form Factor, Eco Ultrasmall and Tiny form. Among the Tiny case is just 7inches in height and simple to put anywhere. The tower size depends on your need. Mostly all M series comes with SFF so that you can get maximum space. You can customize that on your need. SFF is standard layout of small. It is not too small nor too big. The size dimension mostly it offers is 13.2"x15"x3.9" (WxDxH) and 6.6kg weight. That is quiet too small and handy system. You have front usb port, easy accessibility to power and DVD bay, audio/mic jack, etc. The design and look gives more professional output. The design can simply mix with your office furniture. Let’s have look on each of them in detail.
Type of models under Lenovo Thinkcenter M Series:
Before going with the model details I would love to here the customization option that you are going to receive at the time buying. Each of them has a price which will be added to the overall cost. So be wise before choosing. The following options are provided under customize:
- Processor - Choose the cpu you want
- Operation System - By default Windows 7 64 bit is only available in many models.
- Windows XP Mode - Allows you to run XP apps on virtual mode.
- From Factor - Choose the cpu tower
- Additional I/O Ports - Choose any additional usb or I/O put you need on the CPU case.
- Total Memory - Choose the Maximum ram you need. Mostly depending on model you can add upto 8GB or 16GB ram (1333Mhz or 10600 DDR3).
- Video Adapter - Add ATI or Nvidia mobile gpu.
- Audio Adapter - Buy default integrated audio only available. But some models may give you options to add a dedicated sound card.
- First Hard Drive - Choose the storage space here. Maximum 1TB.
- Second Hard Drive - Choose additional storage space here. Maximum 1TB.
- Memory Card Reader - Additional 9in1 card reader can be opted here.
- Optical Device - CD/DVD RW
- Networking - Integrated lan
- PCI Adapter - Choose provided pci adapter.
- Keyboard - There are no keyboard with tower. You will need to choose that additional. An usb fingerprint reader is also provided under this category.
- Pointing Mouse -- Add a mouse device here.
- Speaker -- Add speaker other than internal.
- Microsoft Productivity Software - Choose Microsoft Office Editions and other productivity tools here.
- Adobe Software Application - Choose Adobe software’s from here.
- Additional Software - Choose a good antivirus from this section.
- Warranty -- You can add up warranty stuff here.
- External Monitor -- Choose Recommended Lenovo or Thinkvision monitors from here.
- Warranty Upgrade -- Added option to customize your extended warranty period.
- Graphic and Web Design -- Element for photo editing works.
- Internal/External storage and optical drivers -- Add additional options for data transfer and storage
- Wi-Fi Networking -- Get additional usb wifi adapter.