Thread: Mozilla Marketplace Preview

Mozilla Marketplace Preview

Mozilla Firefox is one the popular web browsers used world wide. I still remember that how tab browsing made Mozilla popular and then there was introduction of new add-ons and plugins for the browser. This has given a entirely new direction to web browsing experience while Internet Explorer still remains a choice. Compared to other browser Firefox is loved by developers and users. There are ample of reasons behind that. Now Mozilla is testing Mozilla Marketplace. A single roof location for developers to find and enjoy new apps and plugins associated with Firefox web browser. Till yet Chrome store was one which is quiet famous, but the reach of browser is very low among users. There are ample of reasons behind that. The laggy behavior when you overload the browser with new plugin and no sandbox issue. Still Google seems to relax in terms of browsing work. Mozilla took a step ahead in announcing its Marketplace. This will surely expand Firefox to more extent where developers can submit their app. Those app can be downloaded on the basis of free or paid criteria. Compared to Google Play we can assume that concept is bit similar. Marketplace offer you a single dedicated place to find additional stuff related to the parent product. Here you do not require to worry about the compatibility or other stuff. There is still time when you can get a final version on your screen surfing among tons of apps. Mozilla too now stands in the league of Marketplace provider. Today this is clear that a web browser is not just limited to surfing. It is a single window where you can add up additional program and take more benefit. The same what we do in our operating system. We need a virtualized platform where different apps, games, etc can work.

You can login with your existing email id and create a browser ID to access Marketplace. But right-now the Marketplace is not open for public. The entry is based on reference by other users. Marketplace can provide you new web base games and those app which will let you do more than surfing. The last time when I had worked on Google Chrome I noticed that it is quiet much easier to find information if there is a dedicated app store for that. Like if you want to check a page rank of website you just need to download a page rank app in Chrome. Open the website and the page rank is listed on top. Those tiny plugins helps you a lot to save your time. In the same way there are available app for your social networking needs, for playing games, fun, etc. What actually matters is the interface. At the development stage you cannot expect much from Mozilla Marketplace. It will be not fair to compare Google Play and Mozilla Marketplace. But there can be certain conclusion taken out from Chrome Web Store. Chrome Web Store has rich application support. There are some app that even provide you 3D effects. That makes it more rich in content it displays. For example famous games like Angry Bird, Plant vs Zombies works smooth on the browser. There are productive apps also. Now compared to that we have to wait what Mozilla plans.

What I assume that this Marketplace is developed to encourage developers for making apps and plugin for Mozilla and on the same hand a source of revenue. That can be a rumor also. The think that I do not like in Firefox is freezing issue when you add some number of apps. The browser in Task Manager shows high amount memory usages. I hope Mozilla can tweak this issue out in upcoming version, because once the Marketplace is available for all, people will surely add up new apps. Yet this is under progress and there are no final news when it is going to release for all. I also found in some news that Mozilla is going to stay a step ahead. It will provide complete installation of its app which might have a shortcut on your desktop or start menu. This reminded of Adobe Air. To access Mozilla Marketplace you will have to create a account on - https://marketplace.mozilla.org/. The Marketplace is not yet open for all. If you are a regular contribute then you can get lucky to access it.

Re: Mozilla Marketplace Preview

That was a bit confusing. The article says that the apps will have start menu and desktop shortcut. So when I click on that will it launch in Firefox or it work on its own. And how does that is going to help the browser. I think Mozilla just want to provide more apps and on that behalf it is going to promote the web-browser.