Thread: HTC One X smartphone

HTC One X smartphone

There has been always something new that is related to these Smartphone manufacturers some offer a good camera while some manufactures believe in giving good processors. HTC this time has come up with a new Quad core processor in its One X, last time it was LG that made its name with the introduction of the dual core processor in LG Optimus 2X. Now HTC people have come way forward and decided to launch the Quad core processor. Along with HTC One X, HTC have also decided to launch One S and One V along with it. The One as HTC says is considered to be the” one” solution for all of your communication, organization and entertainment needs while on the go.

Now while holding this phone it gives me immense pleasure to tell you that this is the most beautiful phone that I have ever held. Especially the white htc one X. Quite slim, very beautiful design combined with white color really uplifts it looks. Having a 4.7 inch screen, combined with a Quad core processor, tegra 3 chipset, S-LCD 2 HD screen this is a phone which has its look along with performance to kill. Without wasting much time in the introduction of this phone lets have a glance to its design, features and the performance of the phone.

Design
    The body of this phone is quite slim and for such a slim phone to have a display as huge as 4.7 inch then it is a great creativity. The body of the HTC One X is a unibody polycarbonate body, which helps the phone to stay lighter. Overall the phone does looks solid and also quite goodin touch. When you hold this phone in your hands, the phone will get adjusted quite quickly in your hands, the 4.7 inch screen does not look much big in our hands. Talking about the front part of the phone the One X has a nicely-shaped black glass framing the display, which also contributes to a somewhat sophisticated retro look. The old styled capacitive keys can be still seen In this phone.

To the left side of the phone we have the microUSB port, the right side of the phone has a volume rocker buttons, the top of the One X has a power/lock key, 3.5mm headset jack, second mic for noise-cancellation and a Micro SIM tray. While there is nothing much in the bottom but only a single primary microphone. That’s it and noting else. A 8 megapixel camera can be seen on the back side of the phone along with the beats audio speakers, while a 1.3 megapixel camera can be found in the front side.

The 4.7” display of the HTC One X is really beautiful, supporting resolution of 720x1280 pixels. Supporting pixel density of 312 ppi. The display of this phone uses the Super-LCD 2 technology, and not Super amoled screens. However I would say SLCD2 is much better because of the better viewing angles and less glare. HTC One X gives brilliant viewing angles, which makes viewing at any angle a pleasure to our eyes.

I would like to give HTC Full marks especially in the design department it has really won my heart. The 4.7 inch screen is really fantastic, they have managed to make a huge 4.7 inch gigantic screen sized phone look pretty and elegant.

Specifications and Features

- Android 4.0 OS
    - Quad-core 1.5 GHz processor
    - Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset
    - 32 GB internal memory, no expandable memory, 1GB RAM
    - SLCD 2 display
    - HTC Sense 4.0
    - 1800 mAh battery
    - Flash support
    - 8 megapixel rare camera and 1.3 megapixel front camera

As we know HTC One X runs Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. Now it is good to note that ICS hs brought in some new changes for UI, the browser, the core apps, performance but you would be saddened by the fact that HTC still have continued to go with their own Sense 4 UI which does a lot of personalizations and does not allow ICS interface to take over. Now the main thing that HTC people have ensured through their UI is that they want to keep it simple for the users. with the last version of Sense UI many users had tough time understanding the interface. Hence this time it has been made quite simple. The characteristic weather clock and big widgets, take up a whole homescreen page .

Looking at the main menu we find a lot of changes in it. first of all the apps are arranged in a 4x5 grid pages, scrolling of the apps are horizontally instead of vertically. We also checked out the messaging and the emailing part in this phone and tried typing our messages in both portrait mode as well as landscape mode but interestingly we did not find a great interest in typing especially in the portrait mode because the keys don’t spread up the entire screen because of the aspect ratio of the screen. So often you come up in a situation where you rather miss press a particular button. So you need to take care of that. However the keyboard works good in landscape mode.

The stock browser of this phone is somewhat ok I should say. The loading of the pages are quite fast thanks to the processor and a well dedicated GPU. Flash videos also play exceptionally well. however the pinch to zoom or douple tap to zoom is equally disappointing in this phone. there is a inbuilt keyboard in this phone which is really not good for typing. So I have deducted some marks out there. All these should be the beasic requirements of a good smartphone and it is not there.

HTC One X supports HSPA+ at up to 21.1 Mbit/s down and 5.76 Mbit/s up. GPs support is good.

Coming to the camera of this phone. HTC has scored a lot of points over here. the camera package of this phone is called as ImageSense. It has a separate UI for the camera of this phone, the 8MP camera's UI presents you with separate still photo shutter, and a video rec button at the same time. so taking images and video recording can be done in a single time. Camera is exceptional for taking digital clear photos, taking a picture literally takes only a fraction of the second.

The video capture of htc one x is really good which records 1080p video at 22-23 frames per second. Video quality was really good.
    Beats audio is a new concept introduced by HTC from htc sensation XE models. They have continued in the one series as well. don’t use the stock music player of this phone rather implement the beats audio technology through a software download to get a Exceptional sound output.

Performance
    On testing the phones performance with various benchmarking tools such as Quadrant and Antutu we probably got the better results out of it. With antutu being the precise it managed to cross the 10K mark as well. While other Smartphone’s like Galaxy S2 was just half way near it.

We tested the voice clarity of this phone and with the presence of two mics one of the voice clarity and noise reduction we did not get to hear and voice cuts while we were talking. Voice clarity in this phone was a exceptional thing.

HTC One X has a non removable 1800mAH battery because of the unibody design. HTC hasn’t announced its stand by time and talk time soon we will get to know how much does the battery lasts.

Re: HTC One X smartphone

Conclusion

Now coming to the conclusion part of this review. We did a detailing of this phone and found the phone to be extremely clasy in the design, its display is fantastic and also has a great UI as well. which is really going to impress the users and wait did I miss out the processor. Well you cant leave that. HTC One X has its job done covering all the major parts that a ideal Smartphone should have, there are small things that I have pointed out in the review. If it was worked on then HTC One X would be the god of the Smartphone’s. However with the galaxy S3 coming up stiff competition awaits for the HTC One series phones.

The only thing that will worry people a lot if the unibody design and also the non removable battery. Which are the signs that Smartphone’s are slowly getting into a new species of design which for me is a good improvement.

The device is priced at Rs.32,770 in India. You can easily get this phone through majority of the online stores in India. Go get your hands on this I am sure you wont be disappointed.