Wifi network is another most common network widely used today. It is commonly found in airports, banks, malls, etc. I had seen many people prefer to setup a wifi network in their office rather going with traditional cable connection which adds cost to hardware. Wifi are a better and cheaper alternative for your own personal network. The best example I can give is of Universities which uses encrypted network and publish hotspot. Public hotspot is a kind of free internet zone where users can just connect without providing any authentication while encrypted needs permission before accessing the network. After a couple of incident which has affected public security all networks are encrypted. It is the best practice to follow. Wifi are common network and can be hacked if not secured properly. Today, routers come with inbuilt firewall support and other than this there are tons of third party security tools which can do this work. Now the issue appears when you are setting up a wifi in your office and users are not able to access the network after a particular range.
To fix this out your are advices to setup another device at a distance. This device can be a another router or your personal lan setup. But why to go for complicated procedure if you have devices like wi-fi boosters. This boosters are specially designed to extend your wifi range from the existing limit. They not only increase the wifi range but also offer you to extend your wifi network beyond your regular limits. Anyhow I recommend going for a wifi booster instead of setting up a new device and then interconnecting them to share my internet.
Other than sharing the wifi it is also recommended that you must do this on a high speed internet connection. Because once the connection is accessed and shared by many there are possibilities that some of the user will face low speed. So it is also important to keep in mind that you should use a good net connection. A wifi network is helpful everywhere. In your home, office, factory, institute, etc. It removes the issue of connecting a device with cable to the network. The user just needs to turn on the wifi on his device and share data. There are some easy points which I had listed below. This points are helpful to boost wifi signals. Other than this I had listed some of the top models below which will help you to determine a better wifi signal. Boosters are not costly but a good add-on for your existing network. They are equipped with better broadcasting hardware which boosts the network to higher range. Have a look on the below list.
Top Wi-fi Boosters :
1. ZyXEL WAP3205
- 802.11n with Data Transfer Rate of up to 300 Mbps*
- Backward Compatibility with the 802.11b/g Standard
- Easy to Extend the Wireless Network Coverage
- WPS Button for Quick and Easy Wireless Security Setup
- Secure Wireless Communications with WEP/WPA/WPA2
- 802.11b/g and 802.11n draft
- 5-in-1 modes, including Access Point, WLAN Client, WLAN Bridge, WDS Repeater, and Universal Repeater.
- Wireless Security: 64/128 bit WEP, WPA/WPA2
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) & Mac Address Filtering
- Multiple SSID & Channel Auto Scan
- IGMP snooping v1/v2
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) Support & Wireless Scheduling
- Output Power Management & Remote Management
- Diagnostic Logs
- LAN: Two 10/100Mbps Ethernet RJ-45 connectors with auto MDI/MDIX support
- Two 2dBi external removable antennas
- WPS Button
ZyXEL WAP3205 offers you to work with network with the most latest technology converted. It enhances and boosts the coverage of your wifi network. It offers you a much faster wifi connectivity than your regular router. It works with 11g networks. You can easily achieve a data transfer rate upto 300 mbps via this router. Compared to regular 11g network it is found that this network is 6 times faster. Other than this it is much easier to have high definition video streaming through this booster. It also supports connection and high-definition video streaming no matter where you are at home, and better yet, it also works with your existing. You can add up multiple devices to ZyXEL WAP3205. It comes with Ethernet ports. Other than this it also offers you built in Universal Repeater mode to boot your internet access more. You can purchase this for home and office work. It comes with one touch wps button which allows you to enable wifi security with single press. The network setup with this easy and less time consuming. There is no complicated procedure involved here to setup your network.
ZyXEL WAP3205 User Guide
2. Trendnet TEW-637AP (Version v3.0R)
- 300Mbps Wireless Easy-N-Upgrader
- Don´t throw away your existing wired or wireless router, upgrade it to high speed wireless n
- No setup required-just plug it into your existing router
- Up to 50% energy savings with GREENwifi technology
- Secure Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) at the touch of a button
- IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, 802.3u and 802.3
- 1 x 10/100Mbps Auto-MDIX LAN port
- Power, LAN, WPS, and Wireless
- 12 V DC 0.5A external power adapter
- 120 x 26 x 88 mm (4.7 x 1.0 x 3.4 in)
- 145 g (5.11oz)
- OFDM with BPSK ,DQPSK , CCK , BPSK, QPSK, 16/64QAM with OFDM
- Enable/Disable Wireless Distribution System support
- MAC Address Filter (Up to 64 entries)
- 2 x 2dBi external fixed dipole antennas
- Frequency - 2.412 -2.484GHz
- Data Rate : 802.11n: up to 300Mbps / 802.11g: up to 54Mbps / 802.11b: up to 11Mbps
- Output Power : 802.11b: 18dBm (typical) @ 11Mbps / 802.11g: 15dBm (typical) @ 54Mbps / 802.11n: 11dBm (typical)@ 300Mbps
- Receiving Sensitivity : 802.11b: -84dBm (typical) @ 11mpbs / 802.11g: -72dBm (typical) @ 54Mbps / 802.11n: -68dBm (typical) @ 300Mbps
- 64/128-bit WEP, WPA/WPA2 RADIUS, WPA/WPA2-PSK
- Channel - 1-11 (FCC) 1-13 (ETSI)
Trendnet TEW-637AP is another cheap alternative for wifi network connectivity. It is a nice booster which offers you wps button. This is common in many boosters Other than this booster is equipped with 2x 2dBi fixed antennas for better signal strength. So here you can assume that this booster offers you a upgraded version of antenna. It works with IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, & 802.11b standards. Like most router it also offers a 300mbs data transfer rate. But that is applicable to IEEE 802.11n standard. It is high performance booster that can be plugged with your existing router and work nicely. It also offers a low power usage.
Below of better access point this can be a ideal solution for your home and office use. This comes in top of affordable boosters in the market. At a time you can broadcast upto 4 SSIDs with various wifi encryption support. The booster also supports wds to extend a wifi network for higher range. It has support for WPA2-RADIUS. All in all this is one of the most reliable booster available in the market. It offers 100 meters of indoor and 300 meters of outdoor coverage.