Thread: Imperator Pro Gaming Keyboard

Imperator Pro Gaming Keyboard

Genius has unveiled a new gaming keyboard called as Imperator Pro. This product is the latest in gaming keyboard category. Genius has designed the keyboard mainly for MMO/RTS gamers. There is some kind of special functions embedded in the keyboard for online gaming purpose. Mostly gaming keyboard resemblance of wide board with lights and keys. They are ample of dedicated keys fitted with programming features so that the gamer can customize it as needed. This time there is new in the backlit support. Imperator Pro comes with a number of keyboard backlit colors which you choose as per your choice. Will this going to put an impact on the design. To some extent yes. You can simply put the color due to Full color 16M RGB for backlight support. Like other gaming keyboards this comes with usb ports on it where you connect and use a number of other accessories. There is a brightness control settings provided for the backlit which be increased or decreased. Rightnow there are 18 macros you can use and that can be bounded as per the usage. But to configure the same you will need to use the software which comes with the keyboard. I can say that this keyboard can be a budget choice for the gamers. Gaming keyboard is a trend for gamers who want their system to be fully optimized only for gaming. It gives an awesome feeling when you are using such kind of gadgets. Though they add up to your cost but still people prefer. To get clear on other models and choices under buying a gaming keyboard you can refer to - Gaming Keyboard Buying Guide. Have a look on the guide and reach first post. It defines properly what points you must keep before getting a gaming keyboard.

Imperator Pro is a nice gaming keyboard. I had listed some featured highlight of the keyboard which is found on the official’s site also. It explains you clearly what are the qualities Imperator Pro carry. It has a nice speed which is necessary for every gaming. It is important to consider the response rate. Because of which I had seen many gamers using mechanical keyboards. Mechanical keyboards have a good response time. The reason lies in the make which has a spring below the keys while regular uses plastic dome. Other than this Genius has added a brightness switch on the keyboard which offers you to control the backlit exposure. Two usb ports look enough on the board. But it is a bit lesser I guess. Equipped with 6 programmable keys can be enough for any game. I will not say that it is a kind of very advance gaming keyboard but a less expensive alternative for gamers. It can simply a part of your full gaming system.

Re: Imperator Pro Gaming Keyboard

Featured Highlights:
    • Full speed professional gaming keyboard
    • Brightness switch: Four levels of light brightness 33%/66%/100%/ OFF.
    • Full color 16M RGB for backlight
    • Two USB ports for USB peripherals
    • Six programmable macro keys - assign up to18 macros
    • On board memory chip prevents command bottleneck
    • Palm rest for superb gaming comfort

Specification:
    • OS Support - Windows7 / Vista / XP
    • Profile keys - 3
    • Programmable Macro Key - 6
    • RGB Colors - Up to 160K RGBColors
    • Media keys - 6
    • Backlight key - 1
    • Target Game Category - MMORPG / RTS
    • Interface Support - USB 2.0
    • USB Hub - 2
    • Anti-ghost key - YES
    • Water Spills - YES
    • Multimedia Control - YES

Design and Layout

There is nothing much great done to the actual design. It looks a big black board with tons of keys placed in every direction. The top of the keyboard consist of 6 media keys, 3 game profiles keys and a brightness control button. The make is quiet acceptable. You can use the media keys for media management. There are nothing special additions here. You can pause, play, mute, fast forward, etc. In the center there are three 3 keys which allows you to save your key profiles for game. That means you can save three different profiles for different games. I am hoping for more additions here. The brightness button is itself placed on the right side which I do not think is a kind of extra addition or can give support for the gameplay. Genius targets mostly RTS and MMPRG games. These games have ample of key controls which cannot be accomplished on a singe or traditional keyboards. Anyhow it is also not possible to remember everything and keep a track of controls so that you can reconfigure all that back again. In that case a less expensive gaming keyboard is must to buy with a gaming mouse. Genius usually emphasis more on the backlit thing. But in my views is just an extra feature which is not going to help in the gameplay accepted you play in dark. Under 6 dedicated macro keys you can program upto 18 macros. Macros help you to perform quick task in the game and this can be only understood to a professional gamers.

2 UB port on the on the rear part is a bit handy. According to Genius the keyboard has an onboard memory which avoids command blocks. This is a common issue while programming keys for certain task. The lower pad which is made for palm rest when you are playing is good adjustment made to the keyboard design. Programmable keys are places on the extreme left of keyboard providing an entirely different place. Under this you might find a bit uncomfortable to quickly press the keys. Anyhow when we are playing the major part of our hand is engaged on the left part of keyboard. There you are busying controlling the motion which most of the gamer prefers. The programmable keys then are accessible to the left fingers which can hold your concentration for some seconds. By default many gaming keyboard comes with the left placement of programming keys that will run the macro. It depends on the way of your gameplay. Below image can show the placement of keys and controls. Have a look on the same for a while to get a better detail on the keys placement and design.

Conclusion

In my views you can go for the keyboard. Talking about the performance of this keyboard is good. You can simply give a try. I am not sure about the actual price but some states that you can buy that for $99.90. That is really a nice price for this kind of gaming keyboard. Anyhow it fulfills all needs of a gaming keyboard. I was expecting the same to be more attractive with some design. A kind of gaming look. The keyboard has enough options to control and make changes to your existing gameplay. The performance of the same can be judge only when you become used to it. Anyhow this keyboard can be a good start.