Thread: Nokia Asha 303 Smartphone

Nokia Asha 303 Smartphone

Nokia Asha 303 is another new smartphone on S40 Asha OS. Nokia Asha 303 is one of the unnoticed smartphone which equipped with a powerful processor and features. Meant for India's lifestyle which is growing and more engaged to the use of technology. I am going to highlight some of the best features and a detailed review on this phone. In my views if you are person who needs a phone for business purpose to check your emails, to be on social networking hub, to be in touch with your friend every time, to enjoy good music and video, etc you must go for this phone. Nokia Asha 303 is one of the best smartphone released under a medium range in Indian market. Nokia has a good brand who's phone still owns a good re-sell value. That is the actual reason why many of us prefer to go for Nokia phone. They are filled with durability, easy usage and a good re-sell value if you want to go for an upgraded version or new phone. Thing which I feel a bit lower on this phone is Series 40 operating system. This limits some of the thing which you cannot do in the phone.

But to overcome this, Nokia has already filled as those things which are needed for web-surfing or emails, and even Nokia store that offer you latest app support. Somehow this is a balance mobile between a smartphone and a regular phone. Storage upto 32GB with full touch support and QWERTY keyboards makes it a complete phone. You can get the phone between a price range of Rs. 7,000 to 9,000 depends o the location and availability. It is found that S40 OS has many issue related to visual and features. Nokia has re-modified the same and with a support of 1Ghz process it is more functional now. It is a nice smartphone for mid-range users who just need a balance between features and performance. The design is too catchy in the first look. This design looks a massive change in comparison to different series of Nokia phones. You can have choice of some different colors also.

Nokia Asha 303 has a quiet big screen, you can easily type a sms or mail with full keyboard support and ample of space among the keypad to move your thumb. It is a Touch and Type phone with composite features. The screen size is enough big and there is no issue with connectivity supporting the traditional usb connectivity. With powerful 1Ghz processor the phone offers you good performance on multimedia and app installation. Have a look on the features of the phone.

Features:
    • Style and Speed: The stylishly slim Nokia Asha 303 features an exceptionally responsive touch screen that is great for browsing, scrolling and opening apps. Plus, enjoy a full QWERTY keyboard for fast texting – all on the vivid 2.6-inch display.
    • Stay Connected: With the Nokia Asha 303, it's easier than ever to stay connected to what's important to you. It’s powerful, with a 1 GHz processor, and features the latest 3.5G and Wi-Fi support for fast connectivity. You can view activities from your home screen at a glance and jump right in with a touch – whether it's browsing Facebook, chatting on WhatsApp, or accessing email.
    • Music: The Nokia Asha 303 features a dedicated music key for instant access to your playlist, and a built-in Shazam app to identify a song name and artist. You can use internet radio and there's a loud built-in speaker to blast your favorite new song out loud too.
    • App Crazy: Nokia Asha 303 comes with great preloaded apps like Angry Birds Lite. And when you want more, you can enjoy easy access to thousands of games and apps in Nokia Store. Better still, the 1 GHz processor means that apps respond quickly and come alive on your phone.
    • Personalize It: Customize your home screen to make it right for you. You can add a favorite contacts bar, or add app shortcuts for apps like the camera, app Store, and Nokia Browser to get to them with one touch. And you can add a push email bar to see when new mail arrives or add a social networking bar for live Facebook updates. It's all up to you.
    • Nokia Browser : Enjoy a faster, richer web browsing experience. By compressing pages by up to 90%, Nokia Browser ensures smaller downloads, lower data charges, and faster page loads. And with the option to personalize start pages, you can get quick access to all your favorite content, including your most frequently visited websites.

Specification:
    • You can organize a number of icons on the home screens.
    • The phone is equipped with Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) and 3.5G technology to offers you great internet speed and surfing.
    • With a traditional 3.2 megapixel camera you can capture and share good quality images.
    • The phone is equipped with pre-installed app like Facebook & Shazam.
    • With a portable size and look the phone is easy to carry. The weight is just 99g which will not put any weight on your pocket.
    • The current design comes with a dedicated hardware key comprise of Messaging / Call Creation / Call Termination / Volume Keys / Lock Switch
    • The screen is enough vibrant with 240x320 pixels supported by LCD transmissive Display technology
    • OMA Data Synchronization v1.1.2 & SyncML offers you OTA Data sync with other phone. This helps to easily transfer your contacts and calendar to other phones with exact information.
    • There are number of options available for local connectivity. Like connecting the phone to a pc. The phone supports USB OTG 1.3. This is a new interface called as USB on the go. Because of this you can use the phone as plug and play device easily with many devices and battery recharge support.
    • For music support Nokia AV 3.5mm support offers good music output.
    • USB 2.0 High-Speed offers good data transfer rate. Like every traditional new Nokia phones this phone also has microUSB Cable CA-101 support with Bluetooth & Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR / MTP (Multimedia Transfer Protocol) support.
    • Nokia Asha 303 has 128MB SDRAM to handle the current operations which is quiet enough with 1Ghz cpu support. Batter life is assumed between 7 to 8 hrs with all features enabled.
    • The phone supports WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n / HSDPA Cat9 10.2 Mbps / HSUPA Cat5 2.0 Mbps / GPRS / EGPRS Data.
    • For mail solution the phone offers Nokia Messaging / Nokia Messaging 3.0 with IMAP4 / POP3 / SMTP Support. For regular texting it offers SMS / MMS+SMIL / AMS / IM support.
    • Another important aspect to look is to check the specs about web support. Nokia Asha 303 supports a number of web technologies. Like XHTML Basic / HTML 4.0 / CSS / XHTML 1.1 / XHTML Mobile Profile / Open Source Gecko Layout Engine / Javascript 1.8 / WAP 2.0 / DOM Level 1 and 2 / Proxy Browser with Compression Technology / CSS 2.1 / CSS Mobile Profile & basic Flash lite feature.
    • For photography you can use the 3.2 MP camera with 4x zoom support.
    • For multimedia there are many options available in this phone. They are Audio Streaming / Audio Recorder AMR / Handsfree Speaker / Bluetooth Stereo / Music player / MP3 Ringtones / Audio Recorder / FM Radio / Stereo FM RDS Radio. And audio/video formats supported are AAC / AAC+ / AMR-WB / HE AAC V2 / Mobile XMF / MP3 / MP4 / NRT / True tones / WAV / WMA

Re: Nokia Asha 303 Smartphone

If you had gone through the specification in detail you can have a rough overview about the phone. In my views this is one of the best phones under the category of fully featured medium range phone. If you are confused to go for a phone between 7 to 9k then you must one time have a look on the same. Competing with its Android buddy, the phone gives you more speed and battery life. The touchscreen is enough big to deal with your daily task. Nokia has not made this phone multitasking. You can handle an operation at a time. This does not really give any bad impact on the phone. You might really not like to surf and to listen music at the same time, as it will drain your battery fast. But as for 1Ghz process it was expected. Talking about the phones design there is really something to speak here. With a light weight body the phone looks more compact in hand. I will not say it is a slim phone, but it is comfortable to handle. The body and shape is quiet good with a metal battery cover. The phone gives a compact look of style and durability. The phone has a good class in first look. It does not look too cheap or highly stylish phone. 2.6" touchscreen on the front looks better. The touchscreen response time is good. It can be handle and controlled easily without much strain. The front 4 navigation keys are available in many traditional models makes it more convenient. The screen comes with Glossy finish with some touch resistance qualities. The phone is a good combination of touchscreen and qwerty keyboard support.

Talking about the user interface of S40 OS in Nokia Asha 303 there is nothing much to explain. It is not so complicated. The easy menu with number of icons inside the menu makes it comfortable to use and configure. The interface is very straight forward with minimal features added inside. Like the contacts. It is very clean and well made. You can customize the phone buy adding a number of themes. Nokia apps offers you a number of application and games like Angry bird which you can play on the landscape mode. The media player is also simple offers you playlist and background play support. The screen offers you to add widgets as per you need for easy access. The 4th navigation screen offers you to end any app of current operation quickly. You can simply customize the home screen as you want for your convenience. Like every phone you can also configure the soft keys and set the needed app to it. Other than this you can zoom out the image and connect to wifi as and when you needed. Nokia map is provided in the phone to find easy locations.

Conclusion.

Nokia Asha 303 is an awesome handset. I will not say that is equipped with many features but compete other Smartphone easily because of good cpu support. All-in-all it is a good phone with all those support you need and you might be looking on costly phones. The issues with the phone are that it is not a multitasking phone. The camera quality is bit lower and there no video call support. Some apps are missing like viewing your office documents. If we ignore the minor points the phone is good for budget. The phone converts many features on low range list. And if you are planning to for a multi tasking Smartphone with better output then I might not recommend you to go for this. The phone is good for daily usage and can be compared to other phones easily. The phone features a good combination of QWERTY and Touchscreen support which is one of the best model in the market.

I am a big fan of touch and type phones, as i look for both browsing and gaming phones, so i think this was the perfect match for me. I usually do all my work online and so this Asha 303 is really a big phone to browse the ebay like sites and purchase goods online.
    Always i book online tickets and this is the perfect phone with broad looks for better browsing. The inbuilt OS is also very good of Nokia phones. This phone works faster in 2g network also. the speakers are very big and crystal loud.
    Many people in know use this phone for faster usability.

Linda010 Guest

I bought this phone last week. The browser can load in normal and cp mode. You can play Youtube and text at the same time. It comes with 15 levels of Angry birds preinstalled. I wonder if it has TV out.

Nokia Asha 303 total features and specifications.
    Nokia Asha 303 is the only smartphone today, that comes with all the features mentioned below.
    2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 Card slot
    microSD, up to 32GB
    3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
    Phonebook Yes, Photocall
    Announced 2011, October
    Call records Yes
    Status Available. Released 2011, December
    Internal 170 MB (100 MB user available), 256 MB ROM, 128 MB RAM

Dimensions 116.5 x 55.7 x 13.9 mm, 72 cc
    Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors
    Weight 99 g Size 320 x 240 pixels, 2.6 inches (~154 ppi pixel density)
    Keyboard QWERTY

Alert types Vibration, Polyphonic(64), WAV, MP3 ringtones
    Loudspeaker Yes
    3.5mm jack Yes, check quality

GPRS Class 33
    Primary 3.2 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, fixed focus, check quality
    EDGE Class 32
    Features Face detection
    Speed HSDPA, 10.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps
    Video Yes, VGA@15fps
    WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Secondary No
    Bluetooth Yes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
    USB Yes, microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go support

CPU 1 GHz Battery
    Standard battery, Li-Ion 1300 mAh (BP-3L)
    Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
    Stand-by Up to 720 h (2G) / Up to 840 h (3G)
    Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML, Adobe Flash Lite
    Talk time Up to 8 h 10 min (2G) / Up to 7 h 10 min (3G)
    Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
    Music play Up to 47 h
    Games Yes + downloadable
    GPS No
    Java Yes, MIDP 2.1
    Colors Red, Graphite, Silver White, Aqua, Green, Purple

Except Nokia all other phones with these features carries a higher price tag. Nokia is the also the market leader for its hardware parts and provides the largest customer care channel available in every smaller villages to tier 1 cities.
    Smartphones also drain much battery with the internet utility on phones, but Nokia is the only phone that gives the same super power backup even when the internet is used.

dear sir my name is himanshu and i have nokia 5233 phone but i forget its security code when i change the simcard its asks for lock code but i forget the lock code .i tried the default lock code 12345 but its not work plz help me to unlock the lock code my email id is himanshukumar390@gmail.com thanks

I can find most positive reviews surrounding Asha 303. Well for this time the call rates and all other network and data usage rates are moving higher everyday so people would really appreciate Nokia's effort to discover the Asha 303. This phone will surely make a big boom because any ways people will come back to have all features with free chat and sms with their surroundings, so Asha 303 would a better option for all.