Thread: Samsung Omnia W i8350 Mango Phone

Samsung Omnia W i8350 Mango Phone

Samsung Omnia W i8350 is a medium range Windows Phone 7 based Smartphone. Low range does not means that it is not equipped with better features, but on the base of price range. Microsoft really delayed the new version of its mobile operating system, but this time it was planned to be more functional. The phone is launched in India. The prices was assumed around Rs. 20,000 approx. which is shows that this phone is quiet expensive. Samsung is one those companies which are releasing Windows Phone 7 based Smartphone in India. Currently the operating system which is working on Samsung Omnia W i8350 is Windows Phone 7.5. This is also called as Mango update. The phone is already released in other countries and it can be counted in hit list. But does you will go for a Windows Phone 7 phone if there is already android phones are available with a major difference in the price. Surely that is a question. I will here try to provide maximum information on the phone related to its features and support. One reason according to me to take this phone is Windows Phone 7. Those who had worked with Windows Phone already surely knows that it is purely a Smartphone. Now with added multi-media features and other support Samsung tries to provide a combination of business phone and Smartphone.

I had worked with older version of Windows Phone, they surely lacks multimedia support, but something surely I will say, that Windows Phone has better usability. For geeks this is not a matter of discussion. Special features like mail server configuration, flash based site, games, high definition video display , etc are some of the points which many Windows phones has. Windows Phone operating system has stronger points above others. They are simple to use. Nokia too is planning to release some models of Windows Phone in the coming time.

Design

With 3.7” screen and 800x480 Super AMOLED display you get enough space to view your videos clearly. I will not really talk about the video quality and display stuff. You can easily get that from the official website also. What matters here is why you should go for such an expensive phone. Convincing blindly for features that are listed already on web is not proper. The phone is equipped with 2 cams which most phones has. A VGA on the front and 5 mega pixel on the backside. So there is no great surprise here about the camera quality. You might be aware how much you can assume from 5 megapixel camera. With flash support you get one additional benefit to click photos in dark. This is the point where the phone lack. Atleast the camera quality should be enough to replace a burden of carrying digital camera. The camera provides recording of 720p video is enough to play on DVD. Currently what I had noticed that this phone is quite simple to use and equipped with nice features.

The screen size is not too big nor too small. Usually Super AMOLED display are famous of it better contrast and vibrant colors. So there is nothing new on Samsung Omnia W i8350. You have all those regular options to change theme and interface in settings. The home screen is quiet attractive here. A medium size phone with quiet screen size is resolution is enough capable of providing you good video and camera output. The size of the phone is handy. The phone look is nice. Think body with curve back make a better grip. The screen catches the entire attraction. There is nothing much left. With three quick navigation keys completes the phone design. Now talking about the touch screen response. This is the place where the phone earns positive points. The touch screen is superb and smooth. Nice responsive touchscreen makes your work easier.

re: Samsung Omnia W i8350 Mango Phone

Windows Phone 7 (Mango):

Mango somewhat has glimpse of Windows 8. This can be due to similar interface Microsoft plans to improve the user experience. Windows Phone 7 OS is released already and with Mango updates you get more in the phone. It surely matters what OS the phone carries. For example Blackberry has really costly phones with Blackberry native OS, but most of them are not considered by many users. It depends on choices and while on the other hand Android is widely accepted. The reason here is simple usage and customization. Many users check maximum customization options in the phones which are not really possible in low range phones. Mango consist of Metro type interface with blocks of shortcut on your screen and smooth scrolling. Mango also has better support for the touchscreen. There are tons of new features in this operating system and that is the reason why this phone is recommended to go for.

Usually some phones which has Windows Phone 7 can run Mango update to improve the features. Mango updates is not only beneficial but important also to gain more performance.

Here are some highlights that you can get on Windows Phone 7 Mango:
    • It is possible to set custom ringtones using mp3 and wma files.
    • You can have a list of your voice mail befor listening.
    • Mango updates provide Windows Phone to capture more better Speech commands. I found some features which looks similar to Siri. This is surely making the phone more better.
    • Mango updates is more efficient is keeping a track of your chat history, whether you are on facebook or any chat messenger.
    • Possible to configure more than on one inbox and link them to single place.
    • The updates has some better features which allows you to share links easily on social networking sites.
    • The most important part is multitasking. You can manage more than once task here without disturbing your current one. This is more required to harness the full strength of processor.
    • This update has App connect feature. By this you can get the app you need.

Performance

With 1Ghz processor you get enough strength to use the phone more roughly. This is a kind of plus point for the phone. The processor is important now in Smartphone’s, due to keep on increasing functionality and upcoming updates. Another thing matters is the battery life of the phone. This is regular, not so good and not so bad. Other than 1GHz processor the phone is equipped with 512 Ram and 8GB internal memory. This was quiet expected. So for the storage part there is no need to worry much as you 8 GB internal storage which is quiet enough.

Samsung Omnia Series Phones:

Samsung Omnia SG-i900

A simple and smart phone loaded with entertainment features. Phone is equipped with Touchwiz UI which makes it simple to use. A large screen with
    • QWERTY keypad is quiet better.
    • Better Internet Browsing
    • Windows Mobile
    • Push E Mail
    • Microsoft Office Suite
    • Pocket Theater support for playing your regular video files
    • 16GB Storage Support. You can use upto 16GB MicroSDHC card
    • 5MP Autofocus camera

Samsung Omnia Lite

This is an all rounder phone in the Omnia series. Not too high range nor too low. This phone is a bit more functional than Samsung Omnia SG-i900 due to additional mail support features. Equipped with Windows platform other features are also included.
    • Touch Wiz 2.0. Easy to use desktop widget.
    • Push email support. Ms Exchange Active Sync & IBM Lotus Notes support.

Samsung Omnia Pro Series :

Samsung Omnia Pro B7610: AMOLDED Screen, qwerty keyboard, with 3.5” screen. Equipped with Windows Mobile OS 6.5 with Microsoft office Suite. Nice slider design with full keyboard support. Equipped with better multimedia capabilities.

Samsung Omnia Pro B7320: A smarter phone with full QWERTY keyboard. 3MB camera with face focus zoom. Push email and social networking support. Equipped with Windows Mobile OS 6.5 with Microsoft office Suite.

Samsung Omnia Pro B7330: Easy to use phone with QWERTY Keypad and 2.62inch display. Email support and internet browsing. Equipped with Windows Mobile OS 6.5 with Microsoft office Suite.

Samsung Omnia II

A better high resolution display with brilliant colors. Equipped with 3.7” screen which makes it much better to view and navigate. The screen has better viewing angle from sides. The touch screen of the phone is more nicely optimized. A better and fast responsive screen. The phone support and rich multimedia features and it is multitasking. The phones highlights more features of multimedia. You can add upto 48Gb of storage space. The phone also supports 3D games and a number of codes which can play various audio and video files. The camera is 5 megapixels. Equipped with Mobile office helps to play with your documents.

Conclusion

This is the first phone by Samsung which has Mango update. The prices is really charged higher and that is the only reason I will stay behind for the purchase. If you are a Windows mobile OS fan then surly go for the same. There are some similar phones in the market which runs in Android. The best part of Android operating system is that it is free. So the cost of phone is reduced to an extent. I also found that other Mango based produce are too charged higher. The reason is a bit tough to explain. But if you are going to pay such amount for this phone, surely I will go for iPhone which is another impressive gadget. The prices comes really next to an iPhone.

Every phone has some negative aspects and some positive. The positive point is 1Ghz processor and 512mb of ram which I think is enough. HTC Radar is another phone which has similar features, but Samsung Omnia W i8350 has a better processing power. I count the phone under a medium range with better features.