Thread: Siri: Voice Assistance Software for Apple iOS5 enabled Devices

Siri: Voice Assistance Software for Apple iOS5 enabled Devices

iPhone 4S is out now with better features via iOS5. Every time Apple plans to put something new in front of its users. This is always a unique feature which is widely accepted. Anyhow iPhone is the most liked devices around the world. Compared to the pre-decessors it is said iOS5 is more functional. One of the most discussed added functions is Voice Assistant support. This is not something new, it has been already tested in many devices, but this is something really rocks. I found many websites talking about Siri more than any other feature of iOS5. But does this really fit the needs. I had tested a series of software that provide Voice Assistance support. It helps you to control your devices by your words. The only major hindrance is accent. iPhone is sold worldwide, and I am enough sure, Apple has thought about this before. Or else this feature will of no use to any other.

I had gone through some software which works on desktop system for voice support. It is not simple to train them on your voice. Some of them just quit on voice modulation. Then comes the voice quality, the device you are using, noise disturbance, etc. Does Siri has all fixes for this? That can be concluded later on. Till the time you do have the device in your hand, and tested it is not easy to figure out. The usages differ person by person. Talking about Siri, it has a mode called as Autocorrect (not sure about this). This mode corrects your commands and gives you the solution you want. I did not find this thing in any software or gadget.

Siri

Apple came up with a new Voice Assistant tool. Siri offers voice control support for iPhone 4S. It works on mobile operating system. As per a demo held for this, Siri found to be successful for handling your phone just by your voice commands. You can instruct the phone for various stuff here. The best benefit of this is while driving. Many of us, tries to use our phone while driving to find something, and this is the most inconvenient place. By Siri you can even search your contacts. With the help of Siri your navigation work becomes easier, rather using your finger. You can while jogging make a call and talk to person. That is really functional.

Apple has purchased Siri a year ago and in collaboration with Nuance we are hoping to get a much better solution. Nuance is the only company which gives you a better Voice to Text software. The most famous is Nuance Dragon Speaking Software. I had tested this, the only issue is that if you are systems mic is changed or if there is any change in the voice frequency this will write any thing. Whatever you says this tools write in a WordPad. That is surely a awesome feature. I am hopping the best from Apple. Right Siri will give you Speech to Text or Voice Navigation support. It is more Voice Navigation. You can guide the phone via your voice to use it. Like making a call, sending messages, etc.

Till yet Android devices did not came in front with Voice Support features. But there can be some surprise in future. Apple some features is unbeatable which cannot be matched by other devices. Apple tires to give more functional features in a more simple way

Re: Siri: Voice Assistance Software for Apple iOS5 enabled Devices

What Siri can do?

Siri has some number of modes. This consists of voice assistance and voice commands. You had noticed push commands buttons or voice commands in some of the Smartphone’s. Similar to them Siri is more developed and functional. Siri can help you to find weather, it tell you are appointments, etc. You can derive maximum usage from this only if you are comfortable.

With the help Siri you can send a message with your voice. You can configure appointments in the phone and make a call also. Doesn’t matter what you are doing, you need a better headphone with mic support and that’s all. Just turn on Siri and it will do the work. The one thing that Siri has better is replying back. It replies you back over some stuff so that it is indicated that job is done. Siri is designed to understand your voice frequency, fix the broken parts and mange to give you right support. Till yet there are hardly gadgets which work superbly on voice support.

Siri has ability to understand your accent. Working on some kind of AI technology Siri is virtual assistance for you. You can say Siri to find something on internet and it does the job. Example: Ask John to meet me at the bus station, Tell Mom I will be Late, etc. This is just an glimpse. Actual usage may differ. In this way Siri does the work for you. It creates a reminder, it allows you to manage appointments, etc. It simply means you are talking to the phone itself. As I said already Siri can understand you. It is enough smart to learn your voice. I found this sample of Apple site which clearly explains its working. Example : “Any good burger joints around here?” Siri will reply “I found a number of burger restaurants near you.”

Managing your daily task is a bit difficult in day to day life. Like for an appointment with doctor. You can tell Siri to keep a reminder. I also found that Siri can work with others application to give you the right result. For example you want to find direction for Clinic. It manages to use existing apps in iPhone can give you the answer. Siri also suggest you the best option on the base of your Location. It is more than a Voice Assistance.

Dictation :

I want to highlight this separately. The reason is, our daily usage in business. We need to create emails, documents, etc. But if you are person who travels a lot for business meets, it is not easy for you to everytime turn on your laptop and note down stuff. Siri comes with an amazing dictation feature. You say it rights. You just need to use your voice. If you wan to send a urgent sms, just say and tap microphone on the screen and your job is done. Siri listens to you want you are saying and coverts your voice to text. You can search web and do more interesting things here. Apple made it more functional by adding new features. Like with the help of any their party app support, you can update your Facebook status, which we do regularly. This works for twitter and other sites also. Surely Siri will become the most use app on your phone.

You can also tell Siri to remind you something after this time and it does the work for you. It has given a better interaction to iPhone. Dictation is just a part. You can view a amazing video on Apple website which defines in short how series work. It shows applicable for everyone. Another smart thing about this tool is that it does not gives you repeated solution. For example you can ask Siri that should I carry raincoat while going outside, it will provide you the weather forecast. Asking the same again, Siri will give you weekly weather forecast and so on.

Re: Siri: Voice Assistance Software for Apple iOS5 enabled Devices

Using Siri

It is not difficult to use Siri. You just need to press the Home Button for sometime. After hearing two beeps you can see a message on the screen. It says What can I help you with? After that you can start talking to the phone. You will need to tap the Microphone icon back to speak again with Siri. Another amazing thing Apple did for using Siri. You just need to bring iPhone 4S near your ear. You can hear instantly 2 beeps that indicate that Siri is working. This is similar to an light sensor on Nokia, when you bring the phone on your ear it dims the screen light. Surely very smart thinking.
    It is possible to use Siri via headphones. It does not matter they are wired or wifi. For that you need a compatible headphone for iPhone 4s. Just press the center button for sometime in a wired headset and press the call button if you are using Bluetooth headphone.

Apps that work with Siri

I found this on Apple site, and surely found better to add here. There are number of apps which are used by Siri to give you proper support. It is said that Siri works with any app in your iPhone. Other is:

Android Iris

Siri has a competitor. There is another application which is designed fro Android devices. It is called as Android Iris. Many say that there is no much difference between Android Iris and iOS 5 Siri. But does this will really compete Siri. Let’s see. Voice recognition is something which is very complex for a mobile phone. For pc it is possible because of better hardware support. Fitting all stuff in a small box is not a easy job. Android too is not behind in this. By Iris Android device are capable of using Voice Assistance. The amazing fact about this is that if you spell Siri backward it becomes Iris. This shows clear that Android developers has made this in direct competition with Siri. Currently Iris is in beta stage and will take sometime for development.
    It is being tested by many and found that it needs more time. Siri is better. Iris is proper for those who do not demand much from voice recognition. You use Google and that is enough to run Iris.

Talking about some benefit of Iris, it is simple to understand. The commands are needed to be said clearly and slowly. Iris has an ability to correct the broken parts of voice commands and initiate them properly. Iris a bit slower and its performance vary between devices you are using. You cannot expect much here. Even after so much development Iris cannot match with Siri. Siri has better intelligence and a quick response. It has a readymade datacenter provided by Apple which gives much more add-on benefit for giving response. Iris can be an alternative for the Android users. Siri is smart and has a good sense of humor which makes users easier with the interface. Users can enjoy their personal conversation on it.

Conclusion

Till today it is not clear that how Siri will work on other devices. iOS5 is the perfect platform right now on iPhone 4S. I am assuming that this will be better in iPhone 5. In simple words Siri is your smart personal virtual voice assistance. You can use your phone with your voice commands. This does not include just navigation but writing notes and other stuff. Siri is helpful for everyone. You just need to get easy with it. Siri not only guides you but reply you back. That means it is also applicable for those who are facing some kind of disabilities.

Siri is a smart personal Assistant to help you get work done by asking. You can send message from your voice, or manage meetings. Siri has an ability to understand your accent and ask question if needed. Currently Siri is working on dual-core A5 chip in iPhone 4S and it uses 3G/Wi-Fi support to get information. It usually depends on the future response on Siri. Maximum people who tested found this helpful. It is not an ordinary speech recognition technology, but something much smarter. And on iPhone it work better.