Thread: Reliance 3G Tablet

Reliance 3G Tablet

Tablet PC are latest trends which is in the market from long time, but has gain experience in the coming year when iPad hit the market. No gadget can simply compete the touch interface and functionality of iPad. For India there is a bit delayed in the release, launch and development of Tablet Platform. But now Reliance came up as Telecom Provider to released an Android based Tablet PC for Indian market. Truly made for the local market, with all benefit and features you look for, though a less in technical and interface support. That it is a good start. Whey Reliance to be counted first in the list of Tablet PC provider. There are many companies, but they do not come with carrier support. You can either use any third party telecom provider to signup and service for net access. But Reliance as a seller and service provider gives a mixture of one stop services. This is beneficial for the end user who buys it. The user does not need to search for the best suitable service provider to enable internet. And if you do not go for the 3G service on the tab, you can still access internet via Wi-Fi support.

Reliance Communication launched Reliance 3G Tab. The cost of this Tablet PC is Rs. 12,999. The Tab works on Gingerbread OS. This is the most recent mobile operating system provided on Reliance 3G Tab. There is no information published yet for Honeycomb update. That can be or cannot be a surprise. We can wait for news in future. But by the launch of Android Tablet Reliance enter the market of Gadgets. The company is already a giant in Telecom, mobile devices, etc. The upcoming features and services will be responsible of making this a more hit. Now let’s discuss on 3G Tab. Write now this tablet is out with some discounted 3G data connection plans. You can buy an entire package the 3G Tablet + Data Plan at the time of purchase. This can be start for the Indian Market to accept an entirely new trend of gadget with the local service provider. So at start the cost are high.

But as Reliance jump, surely other will not stay quiet. The competition is one key which always benefit to the consumers. You can imaging by thinking about the call rates which have a drastic fall in recent time in comparison to older time. I am waiting for more announcements by other Telecom providers and manufactures who will be surely planning to release something against Reliance 3T Tab. This tab is said as cost effective. The data plan does not look in that way. But I will also not blame Reliance for the same. 3G is new to our Telecom Network and it depends on the strength of subscribes who funds the technology. More subscribes the companies invest in more powerful data network. So the pressure just comes on the consumers of Metro Politian states to bear the high cost.

Reliance 3G Tab Design and Features:

Before talking about the Design and Features, I was searching for information where I can find the who is the actual manufacturer of this Tablet. This really put an great impression in the minds of people end user. While searching a lot I found that the Tablet is actually a ZTE Made. This is an Chinese company which is in business of making electronic gadgets. Surely ZTE products are branded and better. Already there are number of products you will find already manufactured by ZTE. The made plays a vital role in determining the product cost. You can simply find a straight price hike when you search for Dell Streak, Apple iPad, RIM Playbook, Motorola Xoom, and even an Indian brand Olive Pad. What matters here is the product which you buy and the satisfaction with the same. For the beginners this one is really an superb gadget, but still in comparison to other there is yet more needed to add.

Technical Specification of Reliance 3G Tab

re: Reliance 3G Tablet

Gingerbreads Android Operating System:

The TAB starts with an logo of Gingerbread. The power button in located on the top right side. Android shares an high share in the market of Mobile operating system. The pickup was awesome, when Google released Android it took to get acceptance. But as the time passes, the open source operating system was accepted by Mobile and Tablet manufacturers. The availability of million of apps with super smooth interface and updates make this operating system more flexible and easy to handle. When iOS was introduced, it was being considered as one of the best operating system and it was leading in the market. But Android being open source was highly acclaimed. iOS is chargeable with an fee. Second thing, in iOS you are limited to updates and apps where there is payment for many things, while an end user is free to customize many thing in Android. From updates to any modification. This is the power of open source. Symbian too lag behind and reaming share is taken by Apple, Rim and others.

So this can truly be clear that the future of mobile operating system can be of Android. Gingerbread being the most recent version of Android has become much better. Every new version of an software or operating system has additional features and lots of bug fix.

MultiTouch Touchscreen:

Reliance 3G Tab has 7inch Screen captive multi-touch screen (wide enough for a tab), and it is powered by an 800 MHz processor. This processor is common for mobile device and tablets and enough strong to carry your regular work. The processor is supported by an 512Mb of Ram. Many of us confuses between an regular touchscreen and multi-touchscreen. In Multi-touchscreen, the interface is designed in such a way that it can recognize more than one point. That you can reduce the image size by pinching your fingers on the screen (thanks to apple devices). Reliance 3G Tab has captive multi-touch screen which makes it more functional in usage. I thought reliance might be providing bigger size model. But in all variation the screen size remains common. The display resolution is 800 X 480 pixels.

Screen lots a bit slow responsive but better at that cost. Just because of Android support this Tablet has become better. This would surely be a fail if there was any other operating system than Android.

Storage & Connectivity:

The official website does not shows any information on the Internal Storage. So it will be wrong to assume anything here. I found that you get an 4GB SD card with the tablet as an external storage device and you can use upto 32GB of maximum. The tab has a usb 2.0 support and audio jack support.

Camera:

Reliance 3G Tab comes with a 2 megapixel camera. The camera is at the backside. There is an additional vga camera provided on the front side for video chat. Now you can get a higher camera in Smartphone’s. But as for an Tab is looks enough. For geeks 2 megapixel is not enough. When you are working on a low light area this camera is just not so better. Also for a widescreen display I am hoping for a higher one. I am still expecting an app that can allow me to use my usb camera or digital camera o Android device for capturing video and photos. But this might be some extent only possible on Tablet running Windows operating system. For Android this is still an dream. It is not easy to search for an specially design plug and play device to use it with Android. But in future this will be surely done.

Internet Connectivity

Reliance 3G Tab has 3G, wifi and Bluetooth support. This is the first features that many Android base device have in common. It will be really uncommon if an tablet pc does not have a Wi-Fi support. By wifi access you can access your local network, your home network and surf on public hotspot. There is no need to worry about infections yet. Because you might have hardly heard about virus for Android. But this is not going to remain same every time. In future even Android will be targeted at a large scale. But I am sure at that you can have some good and less resource intensive antivirus to run on Android gadgets.

3G support gives you access to high speed internet connectivity. View the below link for more detail on Reliance data plans. There is an option to go for Post Paid and Pre Paid plans. Reliance provides offers both monthly and annually depends on your choice. The prices that I found in the data plan offered are quiet reasonable. Like if you go for an 1Gb Annual Plan (.i.e. your data usage limit is 1GB) you have to pay Rs. 7,788/- annually. And if you cross your limits you are charged Rs. 1/- per MB. I am bit confused with the post paid data plan offered by Reliance. So better have a chat with the customer care department to get proper information. For post paid it is much easier. They offer you some rate of discount when you recharge or pay your bill regularly. Also do not forget to read the terms and service properly before buying any plan.

Reliance 3G Tab Tariff Plans

Wi-Fi Internet Sharing

Reliance 3G Tab is has option by which you can create a wifi hotspot. An wifi hotspot is an place where you get free internet surfing. Like and Bank, Airport or Shopping Mall. You can turn the device to Wi-Fi modem and allow around 5 device to connect you. So that makes it more functional (Looks like good business strategy to eat up your data limit xxxx). Other than this you can use an MobileTV & view Youtube Videos also. Click the below link to know in more detail about the loaded features in Reliance 3G Tab,

Multimedia:

This an important though ignored part, which is necessary to view.
    Audio: The Tablet featuring Gingerbread Android is capable of reading AAC, AAC+, AMR/AMR-NB, MP3 MIDI, Ogg PCM/WAV audio files. This are common audio files which you use in your mobile and pc. That looks enough for the current. Any future update can provide you more audio support for Android. Before moving any audio in tablet do check the supported format. For output support, you might need to attach a speaker to the audio jack. Ti comes with traditional audio, charger and usb port connectivity.

Video : Reliance 3G Tab can read MP4, H.263,H.264 video files. This is the formats which are readable by default player in the Tablet. Any thing other will need extra codec support. H.236 and H.264 are high quality video support. You can convert your video in that format to get better output on the screen.

Image : You can view images in bmp, png and jpeg format. This are common file formats which you can also view directly on your phone, pc, hd tv, etc.

Some Call Features : The tab is equipped with an sim card to make call. But you will need to sync it with an headphone or an Bluetooth device to make a call. Some similar call features like Mute Call, Speed Dial, 3 way call conference, etc are support. Along with you can record your video cars and even call from your Bluetooth.

Features and Pre Pre-loaded Apps of Reliance 3G Tab Tablet

Battery Life :

The official website of Reliance 3G Tab says that you can run this Tablet till 9hrs (Talktime) & 300 Standby Time(hours). But the real test will only be done when it comes in hand. You are surely going to play games, video videos, and perform various activity which will eat up your battery. It consists of a 3400mAH, Li-On battery.

Conclusion

The final conclusion on this tab, I can say is worth buying for starters. If you had already worked or owned on Apple iPad, Xoom, etc then do not go for this. I found this Tablet is just an clone of Smartphone with more features and wider screen/size. Reliance 3G Tab is an attractive product though lies low in configuration. For an start the tab is just perfect to work on, but it is also important to consider the state of 3G service in our country. I can happily get around 20kbps of not disturbed regular internet service on my old phone (were the company plans for providing you 1mbps of continuous bandwidth ). But with wifi you can surf on a high speed network and get updates for android.

The screen is enough functional and nice, though a delicate product, it can serve for longer time. Right now you can simply use this as an bigger plug and play device, to watch full screen videos and shoot your vacation pictures (under good lighting). The tablet can make calls, but really it is better to carry a phone with tablet. Anyhow if you look for single device which can give you both, then this can be a choice. The thing that was a bit disappointment was the vga camera support. But doesn’t matter. A starter price of Rs.12,999/- looks reasonable.

Tablet Pc Buying Guide 2010

ayurak Guest

Re: Reliance 3G Tablet

Nice Review. I will wait for purchasing this nice phone.