Thread: Nokia Symbian Belle Preview

Nokia Symbian Belle Preview

After the recently released Symbian Anna, Nokia will soon be coming up with the Symbian Belle. The announcement was made by the officials of the Nokia today. As all the latest versions promise it will be coming with the new applications, widgets and a built-in NFC functionality. Now this update will be made available for free who are running the Symbian Anna version. Now since the Symbian Anna was a new version in the market what’s the need of Symbian Belle.

Now since Symbian Belle has already been announced lets not waste time on symbian anna and rather shift our attention on the Symbian Belle. It promises to be a hot property in the market and i am sure that it will do as it gets released in the market. Anyways it’s time to look out for some of the new features in the Symbian Belle.

1) Free-form, resizable, live widgets: there is a lot of redesigning stuff in this new version and widgets are the best example for that. Some widgets like clock, email, music player, favorite contacts and the calendar have been modified and they are available in five different sizes. There is also an addition of ‘Toggle’ widgets that will give you the ability to change the profiles quickly as well as the shortcuts for the Bluetooth icon.

2) More homescreens: The number of homescreens have been increased from 3 to 6. So it will ease out your task and will give a lot of space for the widgets and the icons.

3) Improved status bar: The status bar really flaunts a new look it has the pull down notifications tab that allows you to look at the notifications of the incoming messages and the missed calls.

4) Navigation is Modernized: While having a look at the demo videos of the belle version the navigation bar at the bottom does looks new and also is much similar to the one that can be seen in the Nokia N9.

5) New applications: The new Symbian Belle has come up with a lot of new applications now one of them that I got to know is the powerful business apps from Microsoft named as Lync. It includes various services such as IM for businesses much like Microsoft Communicator, OneNote, Exchange ActiveSync, Sharepoint and PowerPoint Broadcaster. So that’s an interesting thing that you can watch out for.

6) The lockscreen has some new features like adding of wallpapers to it. plus it will inform you about the missed calls and also the messages in the inbox.

7) Near-Field Communications is deeply integrated with the Symbian Belle this time which will allow you to share pictures as well as connect accessories without any difficulty.

8) Visual multitasking: A simple flick on the screen will give you an access to all the live images of the applications that are running in your phone which will help you to get an access to them very much quickly.

So Symbian^3 users have a lot to look out for in the coming days, i think the update will be freely available in all the nokia authorized stores and the Nokia Priority stores. So lets see how well it manages to capture the market.

Re: Nokia Symbian Belle Preview

This looks awesome but what made me think is that what was the necessity of releasing it so early i mean the symbian Anna has just come up and many of the nokia users are not aware of that also. Still the feature does looks cool, i have tried symbian anna and what i think is that the user interface needs to be changed to some extent since it does not appeal much rest everything is quite good. So lets see what more feature will symbian belle come up, waiting for its release.

jayeshmewada Guest

Re: Nokia Symbian Belle Preview

By the sound of it, this new version brings more improvements to the homescreen than Anna did. The homescreen now consists of up to six rather than three panes and the widgets that live on those panes will be available in five different sizes (they're pretty much all the same size on Anna and Symbian^3). The widgets can be resized too, which gives you even more flexibility.