Thread: Sony VAIO S Series Laptops

Sony VAIO S Series Laptops

Sony has already released it Vaio S Series laptops. This are built on a new hardware platform from Intel, attracted attention with bright colors, sleek design and impressive features. One of the most anticipated update in the segment of business laptops is the S-series and which will now question. Novelty acts as a low cost laptop segment, leaving the palm of Z-series, which the update is also not far off. On how much the new "escalator" is different from its predecessors can be seen in the model VPC-SB1Z9R / B. The new VAIO S is even thinner (by the way, only 24 mm in the thickest part), smaller and lighter than its predecessor, while maintaining all the features of the family series: productive stuffing, rugged design of "space" of materials, a wide range of communication possibilities (even the Blu -Ray) and long battery life. Few competitors can boast of similar characteristics with comparable size and mass.

So, except for 13-inch display we have a processor Intel Core i5-2410M, 4GB of DDR3 1333 MHz, Wi-Fi module with protocol support 802.11n, optional 3G-modem and graphics card Radeon HD 6470M with 1 GB of its own memory. All versions of the updated series of laptops, of course, running Windows 7, but in addition to her laptop technology support Fast Boot, thanks to a boot time is reduced by half against the usual. All models under the S Series are listed below with price.

All models of the S series are equipped with Intel processors from the second generation of Core i7 i5 or family who use their services according to individual requirements. Depending on the model, provides four or eight gigabytes of memory and 500 gigabytes of hard drive space for backing up data. The device works with a hybrid graphics solution that accesses, as required on a powerful graphics card from AMD (Radeon HD 6470M) or the integrated graphics solution from Intel HD Graphics. In both cases, multimedia files and play videos in HD quality on the screen. Who does not need powerful graphics performance, such as in the text editing can change channels via switches on the low-power graphics chip. An integrated UMTS module for the two larger models, the flexibility of hardware screwed further upward.

Design

An updated model of the S-series is quite different from the old one Appearance laptop has undergone important changes - the designers were not limited to banal restyling, and designed a new model. Engineers have changed almost everything: body design, a way of fixing the lid, the layout of ports, as well as ventilation and location of the main controlling elements. Hinge fastening the lid was replaced with a protruding loop, respectively, the power button and connector for a charger, formerly situated on the ends of the hinge body moved to a laptop. Status Light is also changed his position. A new implementation of the display mount to the body looks more interesting and expressive, but a side effect of this decision has diminished the opening angle of the lid. One of the most significant changes in the new VAIO S is the loss of mass from 2 kg to 1.75 kg.

In addition to the updated look and a new S-series processor has received the new displays. The main parameters of the matrix is not changed - 13.3 inches, the resolution of 1366x768 pixels, 16:9 aspect ratio. However, the screen has an interesting feature: the display is covered with a special reflective layer that reduces glare from incident light. Viewing angles beyond description - the image remains clear at any position of the display and lighting conditions. With an integrated light sensor brightness is automatically adjusted.

Re: Sony VAIO S Series Laptops

Performance

In both devices, a 2.3-gigahertz Intel is faster dual-core processor, the new Sandy Bridge generation with integrated graphics. The Vaio S, the user can also switch to the built-in Radeon 6470, the additional graphics power supplies. Greatest weakness of the MacBook is that if large amounts of data are processed on the hard drive or copied, the bottom of the Apple device uncomfortably hot. With reduced screen brightness can be both laptops use about seven hours away from the wall outlet.

Battery Life :

Sony brings good news for those looking for a laptop with an atomic battery, the new update of VAIO S. This notebook comes in a size of 13.3 inches, with a new system of energy saving and what is surely one more cell battery, which allows to be working steadily around 7 hours in use "rest and use" could stretch up to 14 hours. Have commented that the screen is 13.3 inches with a resolution of 1366x768 HD Ready Pixler, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, webcam, Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 2.1 and as in all the versions that come out of notebooks, a version with integrated 3G modem then, mysteriously, nobody is.

Sony has designed a second additional battery, flat, placed under the laptop without having to turn it off, with it you can reach the 14 hours of autonomy. As you see in the picture, the desk stand is compatible with the use of additional battery.

Sony Vaio S Series Laptops :

Sony Vaio VPCSB19GG/B - Price : Rs. 109,900

• Intel Core i7-2620M Processor 2.70 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.40 GHz
    • AMD Radeon HD 6630M
    • Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    • 13.3 (33.8cm) wide (WXGA: 1366x768) TFT color display (VAIO Display Plus, LED backlight)
    • SSD in RAID 0: (256 GB (128 GB x 2; Serial ATA)) for Quick Boot and quick operation
    • Bluetooth
    • HDMI Output
    • Performance Switch: Dynamic Hybrid Graphics System for STAMINA mode and SPEED mode
    • Lightweight and full-flat design with aluminum palm rest & magnesium body
    • 4 GB (4 GB x 1) DDR3 SDRAM*2 (upgradeable up to 8 GB*3)
    • Fingerprint Sensor

Sony Vaio VPCSB18GG/B - Price Rs. 69,990

• 13.3 (33.8cm) wide (WXGA: 1366x768) TFT color display (VAIO Display Plus, LED backlight)
    • Performance Switch: Dynamic Hybrid Graphics System for STAMINA mode and SPEED mode
    • Lightweight and full-flat design: aluminum palm rest & magnesium body
    • Backlit keyboard
    • AMD Radeon HD 6470M
    • Fingerprint Sensor

Sony Vaio VPCSB17GG/B - Price Rs. 62,990

• Intel Core i5-2520M Processor 2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.20 GHz
    • Backlit keyboard
    • AMD Radeon HD 6470M

Sony Vaio VPCSB16FG/B - Price Rs. 54,990

• Intel Core i5-2410M Processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.90 GHz
    • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    • Backlit keyboard
    • AMD Radeon HD 6470M

Sony Vaio VPCSA25GG/BI - Price Rs. 79,990

• 13.3 (33.78 cm) wide (WXGA++: 1600x900) TFT color display (VAIO Display Plus, LED backlight)
    • Lightweight and full-flat design: Magnesium top cover & body, aluminum palm rest
    • Backlit keyboard
    • 6 GB (4 GB (On Board) + 2 GB (SO-DIMM) x 1) DDR3 SDRAM*2 (upgradeable up to 8 GB*3)
    • AMD Radeon HD 6630M

Sony Vaio VPCSA26GG/T - Price Rs. 1,29,900

• 13.3 (33.78 cm) wide (WXGA++: 1600x900) TFT color display (VAIO Display Plus, LED backlight)
    • Lightweight and full-flat design: Magnesium top cover & body, aluminum palm rest
    • SSD in RAID 0: (256 GB (64 GB x 4; Serial ATA)) for Quick Boot and quick operation
    • 8 GB (4 GB (On Board) + 4 GB (SO-DIMM) x 1) DDR3 SDRAM*2 (Max)
    • AMD Radeon HD 6630M

Sony Vaio VPCSB26FG/B - Price Rs. 56,990

• Intel Core i5-2410M Processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.90 GHz
    • Backlit keyboard
    • 4 GB (4 GB (On Board)) DDR3 SDRAM*2 (upgradeable up to 8 GB*3)
    • AMD Radeon HD 6470M

Sony Vaio VPCSB25FG/B - Price Rs. 47,990

• Intel Core i3-2310M Processor 2.10 GHz
    • Backlit keyboard
    • 2 GB (2 GB (On Board)) DDR3 SDRAM*2 (upgradeable up to 6 GB*3)
    • AMD Radeon HD 6470M

Conclusion

Updated with processor of Intel Core i second generation and a new platform Sandy Bridge. Inherited on the test model with the index VPC-SB1Z9R / B was equipped with: Processor Intel Core i5 2410M, running at maximum frequency of 2.9 GHz, 4 GB of memory standard, DDR3; SATA hard drive with 500 GB and a dual graphics adapter - integrated Intel HD and discrete AMD Radeon HD 6470M. The refusal of the manufacturer's graphics card NVIDIA GeForce (in the previous generation models of VAIO S California used the video subsystem manufacturer) in favor of the AMD Radeon apparently dictated by economic considerations - the AMD is cheaper, but inferior to its competitors in the face, NVIDIA number of parameters.

The S series laptop has ranges for all type of work from office to games. You can go for anyone of your choice and have a look on the specification. The price charged quiet meet the specifications. As for portable it is always expensive then compared to regular system.

I bought a sony vaio vpcsb19gg in april while i was in hong kong.
    it is a great piece of machine but regrettably a month ago started throwing BSOD (blue screen) and finally burned out.
    after taking it to the official service the result was that the main board and the dc in board were burned.
    The use i gave it was normal and I'm still waiting for the budget of the replacements which is taking ages as the machine is too new.
    just wanted to share my experience.
    has anyone else had this kind of troubles?

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron_ar View Post
    I bought a sony vaio vpcsb19gg in april while i was in hong kong.
    it is a great piece of machine but regrettably a month ago started throwing BSOD (blue screen) and finally burned out.
    after taking it to the official service the result was that the main board and the dc in board were burned.
    The use i gave it was normal and I'm still waiting for the budget of the replacements which is taking ages as the machine is too new.
    just wanted to share my experience.
    has anyone else had this kind of troubles?
    Normally for us people, and even the highest trained computer technicians also, fixing the blue screen of death isn't always as simple as we'd like it to be, and it can take an obscure amount of PC knowledge to get to the root of the problem. Anyhow, are you getting the replacement for same without any costing or so?

Hi supercop,
    Im probably not getting my parts for free or anything due to the fact that i live in agentina and warranty doesnt cover me here. In fact im still wondering if ill ever be able to repair my machine. But thats life in argentina.
    Today i wrote to tech services in hk but i dont think ill have any positive responce.
    Tks.