Thread: Alienware Gaming Desktop’s

Alienware Gaming Desktop’s

Under the label of Alienware Dell sells desktop and notebooks, integrated systems, which should be aimed at gamers only. You can view that awesome beast on the site which gives you an glimpse of monsters in gaming technology. Other than this Dell provides you an option of customizing that system of your own choice. With some pre-configured hardware and software support you can choose the best upgrade to make your beast more powerful. I love the design they give to the cpu case. Simply it gives a look of an outer world system, who’s performance is not comparable with others. The same also lies with the notebooks which are specially designed for higher performance.

After viewing those do not thing that those are only for gamers, but for all those who want an unique system with high performance ability and latest technology support. You might be imaging what so different in this. That is just an matter of fact. Check below some images of Alienware Exclusive desktop that you can hardly find on any other brand. People choose for custom build more, to make an economical machine with needed accessories. But simply for high performance, comprise should stay behind. For example the Aurora R3 can be configured on the Dell site. It includes a water-cooled Intel Core i7-2600K, 8 GB of DDR3 memory, NVIDIA's GeForce GTX Top Model 590, a 256 GB SSD and a 2 TB hard drive. That this PC is very powerful is therefore not an issue. We want to find out what exactly to expect from this complete system, and whether Dell with Aurora R3 in a harmonious package offers.

TurboBoost Technology

Most Intel processors series Core i7 & i5 comes with Turbo Boost. Boost accelerates applications that do not appeal to multi-core support, so only one of two, four or even six cores. This is a new technology implemented in the processor Intel Core i7. It allows you to raise the nominal processor frequency to a few steps if the processor is at work does not go beyond the thermal package. In the current implementation with the active load of four cores, may be increased by one step of the reference frequency - 133 MHz
    In other words, when you activate Intel Turbo Boost Processor Intel Core i7-920 will not operate at the nominal frequency of 2.66 GHz , and the frequency of the turbo-mode - 2.79 GHz.

If the single-threaded application will only load one core and other cores are in sleep mode, increasing the frequency of the current implementation is possible in two steps - up to 2.93 GHz . Thus, this technology can improve the execution speed of single-threaded applications. Intel is considering the possibility of further increasing the maximum frequency mode Intel Turbo Boost.

Below are the four primary model of Dell which is offered under the Alienware Range :

Alienware Aurora : Price : $ 1199

Alienware Aurora comes in the first range of Gaming Desktop by Alienware. There are multiple features that you can enjoy on this. The desktop is designed to provide you superior gaming performance. It comes with an processor which Factory overclocked. The processor also supports the TurboBoost 2.0 Technology which is for boosting your cpu’s performance.

The desktop has the most recent Intel Core i7 2600K processor which is already unlocked. You can simply overclock the cpu to 4.1 GHz. Along with this you get and liquid cooling support for the cpu to handle the pressure of overclocking. And for more strength you have Dual Graphic Support. It is not possible to use . AMD CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI on this same desktop. So that as per your choice you can gain more frame rate and high definition quality.

Talking about the RAM, you can add around 16GB of ram. The system just works smooth. Or else you can try 8GB of ram @ 1866Mhz. The hard drive performance is around 6GBs. Have a look on the featured highlight about this desktop. This is just an glimpse. If you go through the technical specification you can find out more outstanding features.

Re: Alienware Gaming Desktop’s

Featured Highlights :
    • Factory-overclocked2, liquid-cooled processors
    • Ultra performance dual graphics and optional high-definition (HD) 3D gaming
    • Chassis designed for easy upgrades and optimal thermal control

The desktop under this range has more option for upgrade. The chassis is designed by keeping all upgrades in mind, so that you do not need to think more on the same. The cable management, motherboard placement, hard drive and optical drive, etc are well management to keep the maximum airflow.

Alienware Command Center : Dell provides a Command Center which helps you to manage the effects on the desktop. The command center lets you to control AlienFX lighting effects, Alienware thermal controls and AlienFusion power management. There are regular updates released for this. This is best for personalizing your system. It is possible to choose from 20 colors for the lightning effect.

Detailed Technical Specs :

Cpu Support
    • Intel Core i5-2300 (6MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
    • Intel Core i5-2400 (6MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.6GHz
    • Intel Core i7-2600 (8MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz
    • Intel Core i5-2500K (6MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.8GHz
    • Intel Core i5-2500K (6MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 4.0GHz
    • Intel Core i7-2600K (8MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz
    • Intel Core i7-2600K (8MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 4.1GHz

Operating System Support
    • Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
    • Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
    • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Ram Support
    • Up to 16GB4 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333Mhz - 4 DIMMS
    • Up to 8GB4 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1866Mhz - 4 DIMMS
    • Up to 16GB4 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600Mhz - 4 DIMMS

Hard Drive Support
    • Up to 2000GB5 SATA II hard drive (7200RPM)
    • Up to 512GB5 Solid State Drive SATA hard drive

Video Card Support
    • Dual 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - SLI Enabled
    • 1.25GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    • 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6950
    • Dual 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 - SLI Enabled
    • 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    • Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6950
    • 3GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590
    • 4GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6990

Sound Card Support
    • Internal High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio with THX Trustudio Sound (Standard)
    • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio (Optional)
    • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium (Optional)

Communications
    • Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet NIC (Standard)
    • Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card (Optional)
    • 802.11 a/b/g/n PCI-Express Wireless LAN (Optional)
    • 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1 EDR USB Combo Adapter (Optional)

HDTV Tuner Options
    • Internal Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1200 HDTV PCI-e Tuner Card (Optional)
    • Internal Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1250 HDTV PCI-e Tuner Card (Optional)
    • Philips HD Remote Control (Optional)

Slots
    • Memory Slots : 4x 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Slots
    • Internal Expansion Slots : (2x) PCI-Express x16 (electrical spec: x16/x1 or x8/x8 for dual graphics) / (2x) PCI-Express x1

Cooling Support
    • Alienware High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling

Chipset
    • Intel P67 Express Chipset w/ Unlocked BIOS for Overclocking, CPU Socket 1155

Power Supply Options
    • Alienware 525 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply (Standard)
    • Alienware 875 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply

Alienware Command Center
    • AlienFX
    • Thermal Controls
    • AlienFusion

Alienware Aurora ALX : Price - $1999

Alienware Aurora ALX with live and breathe high performance. The Alienware's most powerful computer will help you exercise MicroATX supremacy in any session of online games. Use your brand new motorized vents to manage the thermal characteristics and intimidate the rival. And you can customize the machine cosmic black colored lighting effects in eight different areas.

Alienware built, interestingly, for this PC Series Micro-ATX motherboards, but satisfy the highest level of technology. Just the possibility to fall back to 24 GB of memory in triple-channel mode can be electrified so many computer enthusiasts. Whether desktop or notebook in Alienware's you as a gamer always in good hands and can fulfill his dreams hardware. The alien-looking Alienware Aurora ALX suggests a purely visual power of the dark.

Featured Highlights :
    • This comes in the range of most powerful MicroATX Desktop by Alienware
    • The desktop has an exclusive MicroATX ALX cosmic black chassis
    • The desktop comes with Alienware TactX Keyboard, TactX Mouse and TactX Headset
    • The desktop is also equipped with Active Venting Thermal Management

System & High-performance CPU liquid Cooling

This system is powered by an Intel Core i7 920 CPU at 2.67 GHz. It has an automatic overlocking of up to 2.93 GHz. The CPU has hyper-threading capabilities, meaning it can process up to eight threads simultaneously. Also, this Dell PC comes with 9GB of DDR3 SDRAM, dual graphics cards, and up to 1 TB of 7200 rpm hard drive. There are plenty of optional drives as well, including a dual-layer DVD burner or Blu-ray player.

Detailed Specs

Cpu Support
    • Intel Core i7 930 Quad Core Processor (2.8GHz, 8MB Cache)
    • Intel Core i7 960 Quad Core Processor (3.2GHz, 8MB Cache)
    • Overclocked Intel Core i7 930 Quad Core Processor (3.36GHz, 8MB Cache)
    • Overclocked Intel Core i7 990x Extreme Six Core Processor (3.73 GHz, 12MB Cache)
    • Intel Core i7 990x Extreme Six Core Processor (3.46GHz, 12MB Cache)
    • Intel Core i7-980 Six Core Processor, 3.33GHz, 12MB Cache

Operating System Support

Ram Support
    • Up to 24GB2 Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333Mhz - 6 DIMMS
    • Up to 12GB2 Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600Mhz - 6 DIMMS
    • Up to 6GB2 Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1866Mhz - 3 DIMMS

Hard drive Support
    • Up to 2000GB3 SATA II hard drive (7200RPM)
    • Up to 1200GB3 SATA II hard drive (10000RPM)
    • Up to 512GB3 Solid State hard drive

Video Card Support
    • ATI Radeon HD 6870
    • ATI Radeon HD 6950
    • Dual 1GB ATI Radeon HD 6870 - ATI CrossFireX Enabled
    • Dual 2GB ATI Radeon HD 6950 - ATI CrossFireX Enabled

HDTV Tuners Support
    • Internal PCI-e Digital/Analog TV Tuner (Optional)

PSU
    • Alienware 875 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
    • Active Venting - Thermally Intelligent Top-Face Louver System
    • AlienFX System Lighting - 8 Independent Lighting Zones
    • A/C Independent Internal Chassis Theater Lighting

Alienware Area-51 : Price – $1899

Alienware has provided us with a complete desktop system, the Area-51 series are available, which is presented on the homepage as "Quad Core Flagship". The system is designed primarily for demanding gamers and can be configured. Intel Core i7 920, 6 GB of RAM (DDR3 dual channel), 2 TB of storage space and, among other things, an ATI Radeon HD 5870, Alienware sells a machine for players to live up to its reputation. As part of the line Aurora ALX, the machine calls out here rather by its chassis.

It's about time! Alienware has finally extended the chassis of his older gaming machines. This new case we have presented in December 2009 and we invite you to discover behind the scenes of writing . By the way if the build quality is outstanding, it will be quite possible to change this machine over time by adding hard drives or RAM, for example, with three locations are still available.

Featured Highlights :
    • Alienware Area-51 is one of the most upgradeable Alienware desktop
    • The desktop has exclusive Alienware ATX industrial design which gives it an unique look.
    • The cpu has an capacity of handling six hard drives which is all housed in a thermally independent and tool less storage bay It is equipped with the Active Venting Thermal Management System

This new chassis is elegant but also more elegant than the old model. The fantasy aspect of the beast is represented by a festival of colors. The front, sides and top of the case light up everywhere, including inside! Little more convenient for geeks tempted to reach into the components, the tower is lit by small white LEDs, even if it is not connected to the mains. Interface customization of the PC, AlienFX, then offers the ability to set the colors for eight lighting zones, with or without gradient. In short, the possibilities are simply amazing.

Detailed Specs :

Cpu Support

• Intel Core i7 960 Quad Core Processor (3.2GHz, 8MB Cache)
    • Overclocked Intel Core i7 990x Extreme Six Core Processor (3.73GHz, 12MB Cache)

Operating System Support

Ram Support
    • Up to 12GB2 Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333Mhz - 3 DIMMS
    • Up to 12GB2 Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600Mhz - 3 DIMMS

Hard Drive Support
    • Up to 1280GB3 SATA II hard drive (10000RPM)

Video Card Support
    • 1GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6950
    • Dual 1GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6870 - AMD CrossFireX Enabled
    • Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6950 - AMD CrossFireX Enabled
    • Tri-CrossFireX 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6950
    • Dual 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580- SLI Enabled
    • Dual 4GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6990

HDTV Tuners Support

Motherboard
    • Alienware Approved Intel X58 ATX Motherboard

Processor Cooling
    • Alienware High-Performance Liquid Cooling

PSU
    • Alienware 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
    • Alienware 1100 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply

In addition, standard keyboard and mouse, Alienware cap included mouse pad, additional cables for power supply, additional cables for the motherboard, SLI adapter, Windows and program CDs and a manual in a binder.

Alienware Area-51 ALX : Price - $3499

About the alien has arrived: Area-51 ALX is called the fastest gaming PC that ever sees the light of our world. Let alone the pure performance-gamer friends in the mouth-watering. The four cores of Intel Core i7 975 at 3.33 GHz beat by default. As if that were not enough, there is a boost function, which accelerates it to 3.66 GHz. Our alien is also equipped with 6 GB of DDR3 RAM with a clock frequency of 1600 MHz.

Directly inspired by the Aurora ALX , Area-51 ALX is simply an extremely powerful configuration installed in a very slick package. Here, lighting, megahertz and impeccable finish combine to provide a set monster, built for the game and only for the game. The housing of the Area-51 is a model of design and finish. Covered in black mat, it is massive and imposing. The upper part consists of small plastic signs, such as aircraft speed brakes, spring out when the PC is running so that hot air can escape from inside the box. More components wind milling, as the temperature increases inevitably and the panels are raised. The fans also come into action which then produces a sound whose volume is between 51 and 53 dB. In front, there is a motorized plate that conceals Blu-ray and multi-card reader. A gadget entirely representative of the range at the head alien.

Featured Highlight :

• It is an Exclusive ALX anodized space black chassis, featuring a motorized drive door
    • It has complete domination standard includes Alienware TactX Keyboard, TactX Mouse and TactX Headset
    • It is equipped with the Active Venting Thermal Management System

Alienware PC is also the play of light in all colors. To switch to light speed with the games, we need suitable propellants. Alienware is rarely half-measures in this area, although it is possible to adapt the configuration to your needs. Made according to our wishes, the version of the Alienware we had the hands is not the Rolls of the Area-51 ALX, but a truly balanced machine (see data sheet), a duet with keyboard-mouse particularly well done.
    The Alienware Area-51 ALX Dell is above all a truly original housing, housing components on top of technology, and very well designed, and a design that should appeal to players with motorized and illuminated areas. For true enthusiasts.

Detailed Specs :

Cpu Support
    • Overclocked Intel Core i7 990x Extreme Six Core Processor (4.0GHz, 12MB Cache)

Operating System Support

Ram Support
    • Up to 12GB2 Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333Mhz - 3 DIMMS
    • Up to 6GB2 Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1866Mhz - 3 DIMMS
    • Up to 12GB2 Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600Mhz - 3 DIMMS

Hard drive Support
    • Up to 1280GB3 SATA II hard drive (10000RPM)

Video Card Support
    • Dual 1GB ATI Radeon HD 6870 - ATI CrossFireX Enabled
    • Dual 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580- SLI Enabled
    • Dual 2GB ATI Radeon HD 6950 - ATI CrossFireX Enabled
    • Dual 4GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6990
    • Tri-CrossFireX 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6950

HDTV Tuners Options

Power
    • Alienware 1100 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply

Chassis
    • Motherboard and Chassis Form Factor
    • ATX Motherboard, Full-Tower Chassis

Motherboard
    • Alienware Approved Intel X58 ATX Motherboard

Processor Cooling
    • High-Performance Liquid Cooling
    • Exclusive ALX Chassis Features
    • Anodized Aluminum Chassis Finish
    • Motorized Front Door

Conclusion :

After going through various specs and prices, it is found that Alienware system are best for gaming support. There is really no match with the upgrades and support provided. The same if you go for custom build you will need a far superior knowledge in hardware support, or else you can be a easy catch. The best thing about this system is that you get a pack of everything in a box. There is no need to look for compatibility details, drivers support, etc. Everything is superbly packed and designed exclusively fitting the theme. Also it is worth to pay for a brand like Dell where you are assured with quality of product. Dell just do not provide the gaming pc but what more matter is after sales support.

There are certain upgrades related to warranty which you can find when you are customizing your system. I will advice to go with the specs best before going for a purchase or just choose the regular model offered by Alienware. It has all what is needed for a gaming system. Liquid cooling support, high end cpu, great ram and a powerful graphic card. There is nothing much needed to follow. A glimpse on tech specs is enough for an expert to identify the correct the system.